What to Expect From Canon For CP+ Next Week

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/02/what-to-expect-from-canon-for-cp-next-week/"></g:plusone></div><div style="float: right; margin:0 0 70px 70px;"><a href="https://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical" data-url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/02/what-to-expect-from-canon-for-cp-next-week/">Tweet</a></div>
<p>Below is what we’re likely to see Canon announce next week for CP+ in Tokyo, Japan. Canon generally treats this show as a consumer show, so we won’t see anything on the prosumer DSLR side.</p>
<ul>
<li>New DSLR, most likely a Rebel below the EOS SL1.</li>
<li>Canon G1 X Replacement. This camera will be slimmer, it will lose the optical viewfinder and the lens is most likely 24-120 f/2-3.9. As I’ve said before, it will be a fair bit of money. I’d say around $700.</li>
<li>Canon PowerShot SX280 IS. A new compact large zoom compact.</li>
<li>We’ll also see a few other PowerShot cameras announced.</li>
</ul>
<p>These announcements will come on Wednesday, February 12, 2014.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

With the risk of sounding negative... BORING! (Ok, the G1X sounds a bit interesting) ;D ;D

I really really look forward to the day Canon announces their FF mirrorless camera. They have the technology to blow everybody away with their AF technology, which is an area mirrorless lag behind the dslr´s.

Looking forward to CP+, and all other goodies that might erupt!

Upvote 0
May 20, 2011
Pitbullo said:
With the risk of sounding negative... BORING! (Ok, the G1X sounds a bit interesting) ;D ;D

I really really look forward to the day Canon announces their FF mirrorless camera. They have the technology to blow everybody away with their AF technology, which is an area mirrorless lag behind the dslr´s.

I too would love to see a kickass FF mirrorless camera from Canon. But they won't be blowing anything away with their current sensor tech.

Just look at the A7R from Sony. It trumps everything Canon has in terms of pure IQ.

When the day comes when Canon manages to bring out a brand new sensor (higher resolution, higher DR and no shadow-banding), I doubt they'll put it inside a mirrorless body. At least not until it's been sold in a $7000 1D-body for 2 - 3 years.

Canon is Canon.

Upvote 0
Ricku said:
Pitbullo said:

I too would love to see a kickass FF mirrorless camera from Canon. But they won't be blowing anything away with their current sensor tech.

Just look at the A7R from Sony. It trumps everything Canon has in terms of pure IQ.

When the day comes when Canon manages to bring out a brand new sensor (higher resolution, higher DR and no shadow-banding), I doubt they'll put it inside a mirrorless body. At least not until it's been sold in a $7000 1D-body for 2 - 3 years.

Canon is Canon.

True!
I know Canon can pull it off if they like, they are a huge company with tons and tons of brain capasity employed.
However, we have to wait quite a long time I guess. Luckily dreaming is free of charge :)

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Ricku said:
Pitbullo said:

Canon is Canon.
There is "state of the art" and there is "tried and true". The Canon professional cameras tend towards "tried and true", so very often advances show up first in lower end cameras, only arriving at the pro level once the bugs are out....

Upvote 0
TrabimanUK said:
"Hoping for a Powershot D20 replacement for underwater shooting, as it's a bit outclassed by Panasonic and Olympus now and I'd prefer to stick with Canon across all cameras that I have.
Why? - actually a quite serious question if others make more suitable offerings in a particular category that's important to you.

Upvote 0

TrabimanUK

In the words of Brian Johnson - "Shoot to thrill!"
Sep 19, 2013
Bristol, England
keithcooper said:
TrabimanUK said:
"Hoping for a Powershot D20 replacement for underwater shooting, as it's a bit outclassed by Panasonic and Olympus now and I'd prefer to stick with Canon across all cameras that I have.
Why? - actually a quite serious question if others make more suitable offerings in a particular category that's important to you.

I've used a D20 that a friend has and I like it, only I won't need one for 6 months, so if Canon can come up with something then great, otherwise, it'll be Tough TG-2 for the f2-4.9 lens

Upvote 0
Canon Rumors said:
<li>Canon G1 X Replacement. This camera will be slimmer, it will lose the optical viewfinder and the lens is most likely 24-120 f/2-3.9. As I’ve said before, it will be a fair bit of money. I’d say around $700.</li>
<li>Canon PowerShot S200. I’m not sure if this is a replacement to the S120, or a new camera.</li>

I wonder if Canon is repositioning their compact camera's like they did with the DSLR's, and the S200 will be a replacement for both the S120 and G16...

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
lw said:
Sella174 said:
Canon Rumors said:
New DSLR, most likely a Rebel below the EOS SL1.
Gee, how low can you go?
Well a 1100D/T3 is already below the SL1, so I guess it is a replacement for that.

Exactly…I think this refers to a physically smaller version of the T3/1100D, quite possibly just the same sensor and AF system in the SL1 chassis.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
This sounds like crap, i agree. That lens...sounds as boring as they come. They might as well pull the lens from the g16

sensor- was already good, but likely only the iso will get better. not mad at that.

touchscreen? this would rock- canons touchscreen is just awesome, love it on the M.

I dont use the optical on my g12 much, but its much better than not having it at all.

then again, anything is better than the last t5i "update"

Upvote 0