What's happened to "Recent Posts"?

Mar 25, 2011
Re: Missing links

Home page for the Forum or home page for Canon Rumors? The recent topics link is there for the Forum Home Page, but only popular topics is there on the CR Home page, the link to recent posts is not there that I could see.
You can also find unread posts at the top right of the forum pages, that's the one I usually use.
I'd send a message to CR guy, he may have removed it by accident.

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2010
zim said:
Hi,
On the home page, right hand side there used to be two sets of links. The popular posts links are still there but the other which listed newer/newest posts seems to have disappeared?

Of the two I find popular posts to be the less useful as it remains fairly static

You might check the other thread for two alternatives.

Upvote 0

pwp

Oct 25, 2010
zim said:
Hi,
On the home page, right hand side there used to be two sets of links. The popular posts links are still there but the other which listed newer/newest posts seems to have disappeared?

Of the two I find popular posts to be the less useful as it remains fairly static
Agree 110%. I dig into Popular Posts a couple of times a year, it's kind of useless but the Recent Posts list is my go-to place in CR, it's generally a perfect summary of current discussions, ideal for a time poor shooter for whom 10 minutes in CR is a break from work, an indulgence with a cup of coffee. It's the perfect front-door launchpad into the Forums. This feature needs an immediate return.

Without the Recent Posts feature, CR instantly becomes a considerably less useful place for me, without it I anticipate spending less time here.

CR Guy? Do you listen in here?

-pw

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
pwp said:
zim said:
Hi,

Agree 110%. I dig into Popular Posts a couple of times a year, it's kind of useless but the Recent Posts list is my go-to place in CR, it's generally a perfect summary of current discussions, ideal for a time poor shooter for whom 10 minutes in CR is a break from work, an indulgence with a cup of coffee. It's the perfect front-door launchpad into the Forums. This feature needs an immediate return.

Without the Recent Posts feature, CR instantly becomes a considerably less useful place for me, without it I anticipate spending less time here.

-pw

How would he? Without the Recent Posts links, posts like this are relegated to the netherworld :p

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
brad-man said:
pwp said:
zim said:
Hi,

-pw

How would he? Without the Recent Posts links, posts like this are relegated to the netherworld :p

;D ;D ;D

I'll take MSPs advice and send Craig a note. Perhaps we all should

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Personally, I skip the CR main page entirely. I just use the 'show unread posts since last visit' link at the top right of the forum pages. That shows all unread posts, not just the 10 most-recently active topics (what if something I'm really interested in is #12?). All the news items on the home page have a corresponding forum post (although it sometimes lacks the images), so I don't miss any main page updates.

My advice is to just bookmark the following:

https://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?action=unread

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
+1, have been doing this for a long time.
-r

neuroanatomist said:
Personally, I skip the CR main page entirely. I just use the 'show unread posts since last visit' link at the top right of the forum pages. That shows all unread posts, not just the 10 most-recently active topics (what if something I'm really interested in is #12?). All the news items on the home page have a corresponding forum post (although it sometimes lacks the images), so I don't miss any main page updates.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
neuroanatomist said:

That's how you get to 22,600 post!

Upvote 0