Where to get a new 50D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the Kashkha

Hi guys,

I am planning to go Canon soon and I want to get the 50D, but, I can't find the 50D new on any of the popular online stores. I live in Kuwait so online is pretty much my only option because locally price exceeds 150% of the actual online price.

Can anyone guide me as to how I go about purchasing a new 50D body ?

I am planning on getting a 50d, 17-50 zoom and a 1.4 prime. The latter two are readily available but the 50D is presenting a problem, why does no one have it in stock , it's not like it's obsolete.

On another note, why hasn't the price gone down since the 60D, its practically the same.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I suppose 50D is discontinued for months already, so if you plan to buy a new one, it would be 1. difficult to get and 2. expensive (check Amazon). So you have maybe only one option - to buy used one, which I personally wouldn't do because for me these 700-800$ is a lot, and I definitely wouldn't pay this money without say 1 year warranty. So, you can first wait till end of Feb to see of 60D becomes really a rebate, hopefully you could get it for 800$ or so without shipment.
By the way Dubai is believed to be rater inexpensive so taking into account it's proximity to Kuwait, you could possibly get it shipped for reasonable price.. or not?

Upvote 0
T

the Kashkha

Discontinued, yes, but not obsolete. I actually waited for the release of the 60D before I getting the 50d because I wanted to benefit from the price drop and since the 60D is touted to be less pro than the 50D I was even happier.

But, then the price actually increased and it basically disappeared off the shelves (the online shelves, that is)

I know from experience not to buy used DSLRs, specially not online.

I don't really want the 60D, I'm looking for an upgrade and the 60d might not suffice. What do you think about it?

I want to buy from the US because I have a NY address which ships anything I buy straight to Kuwait.

Maybe I'll muster up the extra cash, drop the prime and buy a D7000 ( Am I allowed to use the N-word here?)

Upvote 0
N

Nvision

Not sure if these guys will ship out to Kuwait but it looks like they do have a NEW 50d in stock. This is my local "old school" camera shop. They have everything, dont mind letting you try out stuff and great customer service. Give them a call and see if they can help you.
Kenmore Camera

http://www.kenmorecamera.com/p-4538-canon-eos-50d-w28-135mm-kit.aspx

Colby

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.