Where's the annual "What I got on Black Friday" posts?

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Seems to me there is usually some thread where we ventilate our G.A.S. adventures (pun intended) and tell each other about the deals we pursued in the holiday season. Nobody has done this yet. So in the interest of self-help and therapy, I'll start:

- Canon EF-m 11-22 (good deal by way of exchange rate US$ to Canadian)
- Rokinon 8mm f/3.5 HD Fisheye (purchased, tried, and returning - works as expected but just did not like it on FF)
- Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX DG (After trying Rokinon, I was "hooked" and the store credit made it less painful)

Now, I'll sit on my hands (or my credit card ;) ) and move on.

I think real psychotherapy would be more helpful and less expensive but not nearly as much fun......

JPAZ

cellomaster27

Capture the moment!
Jun 3, 2013
San Jose - CA
Where's the annual post on black friday purchases? here. haha

I got a sigma 150-600mm contemporary, 8tb of hard drives, and 14mm 2.8 rokinon.

I need to sell a ton of gear though.. I don't use my 28mm, 40mm, 300mm, and EF-S lenses and camera. I just get plenty of terrible offers from craigslist.. :-\ I think I'm gonna save up for the m5+ when that comes out. M5 is promising but not good enough I think. Or if and when the M5 goes on a fire sale - which is doubtful.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, my weak character had a very bad day, that day ... Lots of good deals though.

$800 off on a 5DIV was too tempting (after all the good reviews) and the 16-35/2.8L III also came with a good $450 discount, so I decided to check if I can live with the vignetting. More surprisingly a Tamron 85/1.8 was ordered. I am actually waiting for the 85/1.2L II replacement, but Dustin made it tempting and I have never owned a Tamron before (given up on Sigma). A full year's consumption of Canson Baryta 310g paper in all relevant sizes, a new 65" OLED 4k TV for slide shows, LEE soft and hard grad ND filters (lost my old ones), batteries for 1DX-II and 5DSR/IV, new protabable HD, Profoto reflector, Lenscoats ...

... And now my wife is wondering when she can order that new car ... ::)

Upvote 0