Which laptop is best for Lightroom?

I too have been looking for a "photo editing laptop" recently.

For my specs the prices have been too high.. but falling... so I'll probably buy in 2018.

My specs are currently

ideally 17" screen.
100% (or very near) sRGB or better. (many decent IPS monitors are now achieving this, but you have to check on a machine by machine basis, often it means getting the panel number and looking that up)
i5 or better
8G of memory, with a motherboard that will accept as much as possible.. I think 32G is not unreasonable.
I also want an SSD + HDD machine as I can get the speed and space combination.. also should be easier to swap HDDs in future as the OS can be on the SSD.
I'm not playing games, so I don't care so much about dedicted graphics facilities.
I also like the idea of gaming keyboards just so long as they're dimable (for astronomy)

I've found that many Gaming laptops come in as "meeting" specs.. though I'm not keen on their look. Frequently listed seperately to the "home" or "business" machines on many manufacturers sites.. worthing concidering.

Also I've found : https://www.notebookcheck.net/ which do excellent display tests.. unlike many other sites.
What is a good computer keyboard?

Upvote 0