White Counting at World Cup Final

stevelee said:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/gallery/2018/jul/18/the-30-best-photos-of-the-2018-world-cup-in-pictures

These are supposedly the 30 best, but I don't know what lenses took them. The one picture of cameras has not a single big white in view, though some red rings.
Thanks! I think a few pictures are ok...guess I'm not into sports photography, somehow I expected something...better.

Looks like most of them are 24-70mm...
Well in that case a big white would make no sense right in the nose of Harry Kane. ;D

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Rowk said:
Thanks! I think a few pictures are ok...guess I'm not into sports photography, somehow I expected something...better.

Well in that case a big white would make no sense right in the nose of Harry Kane. ;D

I wouldn't class most of them as "sports photography." More seem to be in the "human interest" category, while taken at a sports venue.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
stevelee said:
Rowk said:

I wouldn't class most of them as "sports photography." More seem to be in the "human interest" category, while taken at a sports venue.

It’s just a collection of one person’s favorites.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Some non-whites were still canon (2nd or 3rd bodies) by strap or by red L-ring, most big blacks are obviously Nikon. It is seen either by rounded eyepiece (if it is visible), or by a wheel near the shutter button (and they have some red stripe there).
I don't have any meaningful clues how to detect Sonies from that distance.
Some very unusual lens is seen (white, but very strange shape).

The shooter with the lens hood on backwards appears to be lost.

Upvote 0