Who ruined the site by forcing mobile on me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2011
WillThompson said:
Forcing me to look at the site as a mobile device really sucks!

The site is no longer usable on my iPhone or iPad.

I only use sites in desktop mode.

If I can not use this site in desktop mode I will stop using it.

Try sending a e-mail to CR guy, the site information is one way - for sending information to members, not for contacting a admin or the programmer.

Upvote 0
May 31, 2011
I, as a consumer, refuse to download proprietary software that doesn't give me a significant boost in features. I refuse to download the Facebook chat app... and I draw the line with this to.

Radio apps... I'm ok with that because I can bridge gaps with the app and it provides me more function...

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I am quite stubborn and there is zero chance that I will change in the near future.

It isn't a big deal, but for others to dismiss some concerns as not a big deal is annoying and causes me to dig in even further. Maybe I'm the only one... But I think there are a few like me

Upvote 0
FAIL! The new 'mobile friendly' format totally sucks.
If I'm correct, most of us are using the same screen to view this as we edit with.
I got an email from Google that said if I don't reformat my web site to a mobile friendly format, they would lower my search ranking. SCREW YOU! I'll just throw up some more hot biker babes to even the playing field. :)

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
jdramirez said:
I, as a consumer, refuse to download proprietary software that doesn't give me a significant boost in features. I refuse to download the Facebook chat app... and I draw the line with this to.

Radio apps... I'm ok with that because I can bridge gaps with the app and it provides me more function...

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I am quite stubborn and there is zero chance that I will change in the near future.

It isn't a big deal, but for others to dismiss some concerns as not a big deal is annoying and causes me to dig in even further. Maybe I'm the only one... But I think there are a few like me

+100 exactly!

And i will definitely not install tapatalk or other apps just to read a rumors website.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
YuengLinger said:
No problem on Android Jellybean.

Really, does a new-design rollout call for the hostole tone of the title and OP??? :-\

I can understand a users anguish if there is a functional issue. I am pretty clueless about my new Iphone, and am in lack of detail as to what the functional issue is. Particularly after seeing so many users beg for a mobile function over the years.

Upvote 0

Mitch.Conner

It was all a lie.
Nov 7, 2013
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I'm a new user of a iphone, and actually have not used it to read CR. I do know that many have been asking CR to install tapatalk for years.

I opened CR on my Iphone and my ipad, and it seemed fine, what am I missing? Is there some functionality that doesn't work?

I'm not sure if you have the same functionality on the iphone, but on Android phones running Chrome, until the recent change you were able to bypass the mobile version of the site, and load the regular desktop version. This gave you the most recently active forum threads at the top of the page (top right) just like you would see if you viewed the site on a laptop or desktop computer.

Now that the site has changed, it doesn't allow people on mobile devices to view the desktop version of the site no matter what they do. Every time you request the desktop version, it forwards you again to the mobile version. This is very unusual.

The mobile version of the site has the most recently active threads listed all the way at the bottom, after all the rumors on the front page... So, if you visit the site often throughout the day to check on the active threads, you can't just load the site and see that anymore, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom every time you reload the page.

It sounds like the kind of thing that doesn't matter, until you have to do it over and over again and it becomes annoyingly tedious.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.