Wildflower Photos

Aug 10, 2021
View attachment 215921View attachment 215922View attachment 215923View attachment 215924View attachment 215925
A few Anemone Pulsatilla, including a very rare Pulsatilla var. Nemoriniensis (Number 4):p
The RF 100 f2,8 is a wonderful lens! And, unlike the EF 100 L, dead sharp even at infinity setting!
The Spherical Aberration Control can make some interesting shots. Is it possible to rotate that ring during exposure?
Forgot to say they're elegant shots - both the normal and aberration images.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
The Spherical Aberration Control can make some interesting shots. Is it possible to rotate that ring during exposure?
Forgot to say they're elegant shots - both the normal and aberration images.
Thank you, Eric!
Yes, it's possible to turn the ring, but only (shake) if the camera is on a sturdy tripod.
I absolutely love this lens!

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Thank you, Eric!
Yes, it's possible to turn the ring, but only (shake) if the camera is on a sturdy tripod.
I absolutely love this lens!
Will Canon's RF 180mm macro lens also come with a long exposure tripod shake control feature?

Have you tried focus stacking with the harsher boke setting?

The only negative I've heard is the focus shifting, but it doesn't happen with manual, right?

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Will Canon's RF 180mm macro lens also come with a long exposure tripod shake control feature?

Have you tried focus stacking with the harsher boke setting?

The only negative I've heard is the focus shifting, but it doesn't happen with manual, right?
Nope, I never use a tripod, despite owning 6 of them, bought in my foolish youth. All my pictures, including macros, are done "on the run", wife lacking patience. :rolleyes:
And the RF 180 macro doesn't exist yet, will it ever? I hope so! It almost certainly will get OIS, and hopefully tripod shake control. But the best tripod shake control still is a 5-8 kilo tripod with adequate head.
Focus shift with RF 100 L: no issues yet, since I'm either using it fully open or at F 8-16. Who would use a macro at 1,4X F4/5,6 ??? Not very often, I guess.
When this lens was introduced, and everybody mentioned the focus shift, I was sure I'd never buy it. But, as we say in French, only imbeciles don't change their mind... (Il n'y a que les imbeciles qui ne changent pas d'avis).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Nope, I never use a tripod, despite owning 6 of them, bought in my foolish youth. All my pictures, including macros, are done "on the run", wife lacking patience. :rolleyes:
And the RF 180 macro doesn't exist yet, will it ever? I hope so! It almost certainly will get OIS, and hopefully tripod shake control. But the best tripod shake control still is a 5-8 kilo tripod with adequate head.
Focus shift with RF 100 L: no issues yet, since I'm either using it fully open or at F 8-16. Who would use a macro at 1,4X F4/5,6 ??? Not very often, I guess.
When this lens was introduced, and everybody mentioned the focus shift, I was sure I'd never buy it. But, as we say in French, only imbeciles don't change their mind... (Il n'y a que les imbeciles qui ne changent pas d'avis).

When focus stacking, I'll use 5.6 because the overall image quality seems best around there. For traditional single images, It is better wide open or stopped down further.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0