Winter Baseball

May 31, 2011
We were in Puerto Rico over the summer... We all kinda really liked it. The beach was great& like no other beach we have ever been to, but the rain forest was lame, we didn't see a single coqui, and there were some really poor looking areas, but we spent most of our time the mall... So we aren't exactly adventurous.

TexPhoto said:
jdramirez said:
So those were night baseball? I'm looking at them my phone (small screen) and they liked so clean grain that I assumed it was a day game.

Speaking of... I think I'm done photographing night games... give me a day game with a bit of over cast and I'll be a happy camper.

Yes, all night games except one sort of in the middle. I really prefer day games as well, but I live in Puerto Rico, and the only time they play day games here is when there is a tournament, and they have to play 2-3 games in a day. One team does play their Sunday games at 4:30PM, but it's one of 5 teams. And this goes for Soccer and Football here as well. I assume because of the heat, but I grew up some place hotter…

Upvote 0
I have lived here for 8 years and seen 2 coqui. Nobody tells you, but they are about 1/2-3/4 inch long, live in mud, and are the same color as the mud. You probably stepped on a few.

It's a strange place to live. Sort of America, and sort of a third world Caribbean island. There are some Awesome things, going to the Beach on Christmas, and there are some awful things, terrible crime, ultra high taxes etc...

Upvote 0
May 31, 2011
Do they allow you @ field level? I like the angle you are allowed to stand. For our minor league team, there are seats @ field level (not field seats, but seats that literally walk out onto the field), and they cost around $40 give or take... which isn't too awful... until I have to get a seat for the wife, and my eldest daughter, and her friend... then a day at the park is breaking the bank.

Having said that, it looks like you might be in the dugout... or near it... where as I would be seated to the left of the third base side... so I could get a really good shot of someone sliding into 3rd, or maybe a left handed batter...

Upvote 0
I have press access. I have a press credential from a local paper, and to a large degree they don't care. At regular season games there were 200 people on average, so I generally went wherever I wanted. For the end of the season tournament, i requested and received a proper press pass.

The local paper credential is largely because of a friend who know the editor, and is in my camera club. I do give them photos, but they have never published anything of mine.

Upvote 0