Winter

Actually an early summer picture in the mountains of Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta, but it could be winter. The ice is just breaking up on the lake. You can see the pans floating in the water around the dock and canoes. There were large chunks of snow dispersed in the woods around the lake. Visually the scene was winteresque (sic). The same picture, obviously, with two treatments, one colour and the other with the application of DXO's Filmpack 5 Prussian Red filter. The addition of colour to an essentially monochromatic picture is not something I normally do but, sometimes, just for the heck of it I do.

Attachments

• _MG_9506PR_DxO_DxO.jpg
    _MG_9506PR_DxO_DxO.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 254
  • _MG_9506_DxO_DxO.jpg
    _MG_9506_DxO_DxO.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0
It was a dreary day yesterday with patches of fog and a slate grey sky. It seemed perfect for snatching a few rural pictures. I found the contrast between the white and dark appealing. It works in colour but even better in monochrome.

Attachments

• _MG_3637_DxO.jpg
    _MG_3637_DxO.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 259
  • _MG_3636_DxO.jpg
    _MG_3636_DxO.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Dr.D said:
Frosty Tree

Perfect photo Dr. D. It is just wonderful! Which lens did you use? Never mind... I saw what it is a few posts down. 24mm TSE. That lens really does give things a special look doesn't it?

Is it best on the winter landscapes? It just seems to make the stark conditions pop.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
dpc said:
Alangeli said:
RIMG0172a.jpg

RIMG0147a.jpg

RIMG0151a.jpg

Nice pictures. I especially like the last one. Good work! :)

I agree. The last photo is very special. Great composition. The way the line of people leads the eye is real nice.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
dpc said:
It was a dreary day yesterday with patches of fog and a slate grey sky. It seemed perfect for snatching a few rural pictures. I found the contrast between the white and dark appealing. It works in colour but even better in monochrome.

You are a real artist. These are so perfect. Especially the second one. It is truly great.

Upvote 0
CanonFanBoy said:
dpc said:

You are a real artist. These are so perfect. Especially the second one. It is truly great.

Thanks! I appreciate the sentiment. Have a great one. :)

Upvote 0