wish list for bodies in 2019

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
I would like to see

1. 5D M5 to go head to head with the D850.

2.7D M3 with much improved AF tracking (matching 1Dx M2)

3. 1Dx M3 (28-30MP, 14 FPS - same buffer speed as the D850)

Probabilities of these

1. Extremely low as described
2. Low
3. non-existent

In other I don't expect to any of these bodies replaced in 2019.

In fact not sure if any of these bodies will be replaced next year though the 7D M2 and 5D M4 are showing their age.

Thoughts?

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Personally I'm hoping for these 2 cameras:
  1. M6II, with digic 8 or newer, DPAF and Eye-AF. Tilty-flippy screen would be a bonus. And like the M1, M2 and M50, with real EOS firmware, not that powershot abomination that they used after the M2.
  2. RS, 60-ish MP, dual Digic 8, or 8+, same body as current R. Bonus points if it was an electric compass to get the direction for the picture like the GP-E2 does. Full GPS is probably a lost cause now that camera connect seems to work well enough.

Upvote 0

RGF

Jul 13, 2012
Personally I'm hoping for these 2 cameras:
  1. M6II, with digic 8 or newer, DPAF and Eye-AF. Tilty-flippy screen would be a bonus. And like the M1, M2 and M50, with real EOS firmware, not that powershot abomination that they used after the M2.
  2. RS, 60-ish MP, dual Digic 8, or 8+, same body as current R. Bonus points if it was an electric compass to get the direction for the picture like the GP-E2 does. Full GPS is probably a lost cause now that camera connect seems to work well enough.

camera connect? Not familiar with that feature?

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
camera connect? Not familiar with that feature?

It's the Canon app for your phone, with recent cameras it can link over bluetooth to geotag your pictures. Which is a step back from what a GP-E2 in your hot-shoe can do, that will also add the direction the camera was facing during the shot.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Well, with the exotic lenses Canon is putting out for the FF R line, I am thinking the high end R model is going to be a monster. Canon is trolling Sony and Nikon. In 2019, I think Canon will drop the hammer on them both. "Where did Nikon and Sony go?" One word, "Smithereens!"

Anyway, not to wish bad on those other two companies. I just want to see what the Canon bashers will have to say when the brand they will never buy is obliterated. Nothing against Sony. Just the crybabies.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

RGF

Jul 13, 2012
It's the Canon app for your phone, with recent cameras it can link over bluetooth to geotag your pictures. Which is a step back from what a GP-E2 in your hot-shoe can do, that will also add the direction the camera was facing during the shot.

Thanks. I'll download the app

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2014
Well, with the exotic lenses Canon is putting out for the FF R line, I am thinking the high end R model is going to be a monster. Canon is trolling Sony and Nikon. In 2019, I think Canon will drop the hammer on them both. "Where did Nikon and Sony go?" One word, "Smithereens!"

Anyway, not to wish bad on those other two companies. I just want to see what the Canon bashers will have to say when the brand they will never buy is obliterated. Nothing against Sony. Just the crybabies.
Haha! Wish it were true but I also wish there was a Santa.

Upvote 0