You Wanted it, and Canon Is Delivering. The PC-E2 is Coming This Week

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Alongside the Canon EOS 6D Mark II and Canon EOS Rebel SL2/200D/X8, Canon will finally announce the follow-up to the <a href="https://bhpho.to/2tfKdnC">PC-E1</a>!</p>
<p>While we have no specifications, it’s safe to say that the PC-E2 will also omit 4K and dual SD card slots.</p>
<p><em>Full disclosure: I had no idea the PC-E1 existed.</em></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
<div style="font-size:0px;height:0px;line-height:0px;margin:0;padding:0;clear:both"></div>

BeenThere

CR Pro
Sep 4, 2012
Eastern Shore
Re: You Wanted it, Canon Is Delivering. The PC-E2 is Coming This Week

From the picture, I could not identify what it is. But retailer had a photo. It's a compact battery pack for flash. Can't say I need one. The turbo battery packs work well.

Edit: I stand corrected, it's a cloth wrap, not a battery pack. I still don't need one.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

BeenThere said:
From the picture, I could not identify what it is. But retailer had a photo. It's a compact better pack for flash. Can't say I need one. The turbo battery packs work well.

You're thinking of the CP-E1/2/3/4, this is the PC-E1/2. For some reason, the order of the letters in the model identifier matter, just a bit. ;)

cp-e4n-front-view.jpg
vs
09.jpg

CP = Compact (battery) Pack, PC = Protecting Cloth.

But still...a MkII version?!?!? ;D

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

edknuff said:
Welllll?
What are the specs??? ::)

+1

Will the MkII version be big enough to protect my 1D X and 600/4? If not, I'm switching to Nikon.

EDIT: Damn, I just checked, and Nikon doesn't even offer a protective cloth. Pathetic. I guess I'll have to go with Sony...they're so innovative, I'm sure their protective cloths use Kevlar and have a 14-stop sun protection factor.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012

neuroanatomist said:
The real question is how Canon will differentiate artificially limit nerf the PC-E2 to protect sales of their forthcoming PC-L1, the protective cloth specifically designed for bodies with L-series lenses attached.

They'll save the UV resistant material and extra grippy texture for the PC-D2, of course.

- A

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012

Also, on the 'fun products you didn't need' tip, MindShift offers this gem:

https://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/contact-sheet

Yes. It's a tiny packable tarp to keep your landscape/wildlife gear clean and dry.

Neat idea until you consider how inexpensive a personal tent footprint is at REI, or a tarp at Home Depot / Lowe's + intelligent application of scissors. ::)

- A

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011

Jester74 said:
tron said:
Jester74 said:
No 4K? Canon is doomed.
But OTOH there's a 5D mkIV in it, so 4K included... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
How about maximum flash sync speed? ;D ;D ;D

Who cares? Not fast enough. Ever. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I think I will wait for the 3rd version... ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

ahsanford said:
Also, on the 'fun products you didn't need' tip, MindShift offers this gem:

https://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/contact-sheet

Yes. It's a tiny packable tarp to keep your landscape/wildlife gear clean and dry.

Neat idea until you consider how inexpensive a personal tent footprint is at REI, or a tarp at Home Depot / Lowe's + intelligent application of scissors. ::)

Yes, but imagine if someone out in the wilderness sees you putting your expensive camera and L lenses on a generic box store tarp?

tumblr_o1ex2xANix1r6w4h8o1_400.gif

Upvote 0