Tuatara
14178013993_0bffa7a44e_h.jpg

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Pappa Smurf.
Fantastic shot, I live on the Isle of Wight, one of the last strongholds for the red squirrel with NO grey squirrels to compete with. I still don't get to see them like this, last time I saw one was at Howletts or Port Lympne zoo, taking a shortcut through the Snow Leopard enclosure, got a picture on film somewhere!

Cheers Graham.

Pappa Smurf said:
A vicious looking Red Squirrel

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Steven.
Congratulations on coming upon this beautiful creature and not being so captivated that you forgot the camera, I would probably have stood there like a slack jawwed yocal spellbound at being so close to such a beautiful cat, a truly inspiring shot, great story, thanks.

Cheers Graham.

steven kessel said:
Yet another Bobcat. There's a story attached to this one. I was out photographing dragonflies this morning with my 5Diii and a 180mm Macro. Not exactly the setup for wildlife photography (other than insects). But, as I was walking down a path, I came around a bend and encountered this cat. It was about 15 feet away and very laid back. So, I took advantage of what I had and made this and a few other photos. I'll say this: the lens makes up in sharpness for what it lacks in focal length and it is a superb short-medium telephoto.

Shot at ISO 640, f6.3, aperture preferred.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Some wildlife and zoo shots:

_MG_0457 von HelmiGloor auf Flickr

Taken on a birds of prey exhibition

_MG_2747_Kolbenente_Explore #471 20130613 von HelmiGloor auf Flickr

Almost uncropped wildlife shot

_MG_1546_Anax imperator von HelmiGloor auf Flickr

Anax imperator, uncropped wildlife shot

_MG_2115 von HelmiGloor auf Flickr

Calopteryx splendens, uncropped wildlife shot

_MG_9991_Crotalus durissus terrificus von HelmiGloor auf Flickr

Crotalus durissus terrificus, taken on a snake exhibition

Best regards

Helmut

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
Eldar said:
This particular image was a bit difficult. Not enough light on the animal, lots of branches in the way and a fairly bright background. Worst problem though is my total lack of competence and knowledge of the post processing techniques/software.

And it is true Edward, I have loads of images from this trip. We shot most of it early in the morning and in the evening (before opening and after closing of the park) and there are lots of tall trees in the park. It was also overcast, so lighting was not that easy.

Here´s a lynx, chewing on a bird he caught (look at his right angle of mouth ;))
5DIII, 70-200 f2.8L IS II @200, f2.8, ISO8000
Wow! great shot Eldar! What was the shutter speed? Were you shooting in Av?

Upvote 0
rpt said:
Eldar said:
Here´s a lynx, chewing on a bird he caught (look at his right angle of mouth ;))
5DIII, 70-200 f2.8L IS II @200, f2.8, ISO8000
Wow! great shot Eldar! What was the shutter speed? Were you shooting in Av?
Thanks,
The shutter speed was 1/250s, shot in manual mode with auto-ISO. I tend to prefer this, since I can control both shutter speed and aperture. But the auto-ISO on the 5DIII is not as good as the 1DX, since you can´t do exposure compensation. But in this case it worked out quite well.

Upvote 0