Your best animal shots!

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
The heading says best animal shots - how about worst? I know he can't help that he has to swim in algae. My pond has evaporated back to a little non-flowing creek and once he's in there guess what?

Jack

Attachments

• Muskrat_s_22920.JPG
    Muskrat_s_22920.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
  • Muskrat_s_22875.JPG
    Muskrat_s_22875.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
The heading says best animal shots - how about worst? I know he can't help that he has to swim in algae. My pond has evaporated back to a little non-flowing creek and once he's in there guess what?

Jack

Nice shots ... but are you happy with this animal in your pond?
In my country these critters have a habit of undermining the dams and dikes needed to keep our feet dry :(

cheers, Wiebe

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Nat_WA said:
Jack Douglas said:

Jack

Nice shots ... but are you happy with this animal in your pond?
In my country these critters have a habit of undermining the dams and dikes needed to keep our feet dry :(

cheers, Wiebe

Nice chipmunk - never get any here at my place even though theoretically I could.

On my property the muskrats are as harmless as doves. The beavers OTOH cut a lot of trees in short order. The muskrats cut bulrushes. ;)

Jack

Upvote 0
@foo - Nice squirrels, does the first one practice karate? ;)

Yesterday I had three of these red squirrels in my garden, chasing each other. Just when you don't have a camera ready :(
Colours of these animals can vary quite a lot; one of the three was almost black, while the other two were different shades of red-brown...

@clbayley - Nice pose of the muskrat, but I won't join in his bath ;)

Upvote 0