Your best animal shots!

I needed to escape winter, so I took a little trip to Loreto Mexico. My highlight was a dolphin encounter in a small 10 person zodiac. The ~15 member pod was very playful with the boat, swimming up beside it and jumping in the waves. This guy does a 5m jump once a day. I wish for a little more shutter speed...best viewed on a smaller screen, unfortunately. But the moment is golden so its still a keeper.

Attachments

• IMG_4851.jpg
    IMG_4851.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 179
Upvote 0
!
NICE.
-r

clbayley said:
I needed to escape winter, so I took a little trip to Loreto Mexico. My highlight was a dolphin encounter in a small 10 person zodiac. The ~15 member pod was very playful with the boat, swimming up beside it and jumping in the waves. This guy does a 5m jump once a day. I wish for a little more shutter speed...best viewed on a smaller screen, unfortunately. But the moment is golden so its still a keeper.

Upvote 0
clbayley said:

"So long and thanks for all the fish..."

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
Jack Douglas said:
The deer wander through my yard, typically leaving past a large willow tree that shades the sun from the west. The snow is deep and here is what it produced late this afternoon. 400 DO II

Jack

That is a nice on, Jack. I like the framing and the pose, and the blur of deep snow (?) in the foreground anchors it without needing to include the full height of the animal.
It looks a wee bit washed out - have you tried a dose of the 'dehaze' filter and a touch of clarity?

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Mikehit said:
Jack Douglas said:
The deer wander through my yard, typically leaving past a large willow tree that shades the sun from the west. The snow is deep and here is what it produced late this afternoon. 400 DO II

Jack

That is a nice on, Jack. I like the framing and the pose, and the blur of deep snow (?) in the foreground anchors it without needing to include the full height of the animal.
It looks a wee bit washed out - have you tried a dose of the 'dehaze' filter and a touch of clarity?

Thanks for the comments, I have On1 Raw now but haven't invested time to learn it so only DPP. I've probably brought the highlights up too far and the deer was in shade so overall a lot of exposure adjustment. I was also trying to remove any clarity in the snow since it was kind of dirty (pile behind, from front end loader). I'm sure the shot could be improved by someone in the know. I'll try to go back to it when I get a chance.

Jack

Attachments

• Mama and daughter_s_27928.JPG
    Mama and daughter_s_27928.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 144
Upvote 0