Status
Not open for further replies.

infared

Kodak Brownie!
Jul 19, 2011
distant.star said:
For me, no contest!

EF 135mm f/2.0L USM

I have a little lust for that lens...but for now my 85mm f/1.2L II has been taking the edge off of that for me...LOL.
That fast focus would be great in some situations..which is lacking in the 85mm...and with the 135mm f/2.0 you still get very shallow DOF.

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2012
It is like asking what song you like best... depends on the mood and the occation.

I can probably pick three if there is no context and we are being pedantic: 135L, 35L, and 24-105L .

In a pinch, I always grab the 24-105L Zoom and 35L prime. They compliment eachother very well.

I fall in and out of love with the 35L....it does limit you in someways being in reality a wider angle than normal ....but I use it as a faux standard for a bit of punch. Right now I am going through the love phase with the ageing 35L. :)

Upvote 0
Ray2021 said:
It is like asking what song you like best... depends on the mood and the occasion.
Yep. In wildflower season, it's the 100mm IS macro. That pretty much stays on the 5D. At the moment (summer here in Oz) wildflower season is over, so the 300mm f4 stays on the body, for bird pic's (Eastern Spine-bills and other small birds are hanging around at the moment). In 3-4 months, as the weather cools off, I'll move towards the 40mm pancake, for the moody, misty conditions around the hills :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.