Your favourite motorsports events

Roo

EOS 6D MK II
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
StephenHopkins said:
Curious Roo/mickat. Do either of you guys get to do events as media for the supercars series. Or is the fan access enough in most cases? I've thought about taking a vacation to Australia and figured if and when I do go I'd like to probably attend a supercar race.
It's too hard to get accreditation for Supercars but if you choose the right events then a general admission ticket is good enough. Phillip Island is probably the best track for shooting - great backgrounds and clear shots due to lack of debris fencing around the track.

Valvebounce

EOS 5D SR
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Roo.
Very nice series, great panning, I really like the second shot (the blue open wheeler) it has a nice composition, nothing says racing quite like Armco barrier! :)

Cheers, Graham.

Roo said:
Here are a few shots I took at Phillip Island the other weekend.

Roo

EOS 6D MK II
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks Click Graham ans Stephen.

Here's an accident sequence I got while I was panning at Southern Loop. The guy was going to wait for crash recovery but ended up getting back in the car and driving off - those little Suzukis are tough!

Attachments

Roo

EOS 6D MK II
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks Click and Stephen!

You are right - it is turn 2 (Southern Loop) at the Island. I did have the chance to drive a few laps of the track at speed in a new Golf R and GTI a few weeks earlier - it is a very impressive place :)