Zeiss Otus 85/1.4 Apo Planar T* ZE

Re: Zeiss Otus 85/1.4 Apo Planar T* ZF.2

1/200s, f1.4, ISO2000

Hopefully these images gives you an indication of what to expect from this lens. I shot all during this afternoon, so I have had no time to process them properly, but I still believe you can see what the lens is worth. For those of you who are skeptical to manual focus lenses, look at some of the later posts, which were all shot in a dim indoor environment.

Attachments

• _B3A1552.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 437
Upvote 0

Today I used the 1DX again. It is clear that it is easier to do manual focus with the 1DX. Whether that has to do with the quality of the viewer or the quality of the Ec-S focusing screen vs. the custom made 5DIII screen from Focusing Screens is not yet clear to me. Keeper rate with the 1DX is higher.

Never a new lens without a test on The Local Lion. As everyone can see, he is a very enthusiastic model :)

1DX, 1/4000s, f2.0, ISO100

Attachments

• _D7T2088.jpg
    _D7T2088.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 466
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010

Eldar said:
Today I used the 1DX again. It is clear that it is easier to do manual focus with the 1DX. Whether that has to do with the quality of the viewer or the quality of the Ec-S focusing screen vs. the custom made 5DIII screen from Focusing Screens is not yet clear to me. Keeper rate with the 1DX is higher.

Never a new lens without a test on The Local Lion. As everyone can see, he is a very enthusiastic model :)

1DX, 1/4000s, f2.0, ISO100

Love that shot! And looks to be really nice bokeh at f2.0 also. Love everything about it! The colors are stunning. Do you make your own color profiles or which one do you use, if you use Lr.

Upvote 0