Canon Hong Kong teases the September 5 announcements

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon Hong Kong has released a teaser for the September 5 announcements. The spotlights in the video look like lenses, but we could be wrong.
Canon will be announcing a lot of new gear on September 5, including the following.

Canon EOS R body
Canon EOS R w/24-105mm f/4L IS USM kit
Canon BG-E22
Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM
Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM
Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM
Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM
Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS III USM
Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM

Thanks Gui

Continue reading...

To be honest, I would not be surprised if Canon postpones their Japan domestic announcements a day. With the latest typhoon in Japan a lot of stuff was cancelled today, a lot of damage in major cities and disruptions.

Yes, that crossed my mind to. First I thought maybe they'll just announce this online with a pressrelease but then I figured it wouldn't make any sense given the huge impact of this release. I have been trying to follow some local reporters facebook and twitteraccounts for any travel updates or check-ins. But so far, nothing.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The viewfinder top on this video doesn't look like having the shape seen on previous Eos-R body photos

I wouldn't read too much into that. I think this video was made in the last 24 hours after the leaks and they didn't have an EOS R body to use for the video.

Upvote 0