Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $2159 (Reg $2799)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Personally I would never buy from one of these unauthorized gray market dealers. I would spend extra to get the Adorama deal or buy from Canon Refurbished (which is where I bought both of my 5D4's). However Nikon just announced a $200 rebate on the D850 I have been lusting after, so now might be the time to jump ship (since I am also obsessed with their new 500mm PF lens).

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Hmmm..... About the same price as a new R with essentially the same sensor.
You have to compare apples with apples, the price of a gray market EOS R cameras is less than retail as well.

Cameras have a life cycle, and prices drop as they age because perceived value is less. I've never bought a gray market camera, but most seem to be happy with them. Like others have indicated, if you know what you want, and are patient, a special 1 day deal will pop up and you can snag it.

Nikon and Sigma buyers need to be very careful of gray market, Nikon USA refuses to repair them, and Sigma charges what amounts to a fine on top of repair costs for a gray market product. At least, Canon backs the product.

Upvote 0

dtaylor

Canon 5Ds
Jul 26, 2011
Personally I would never buy from one of these unauthorized gray market dealers.

I got my 5Ds and 100-400 II via Deals All Year and have no complaints. Though Canon has a history of honoring the warranty on gray market items, I assumed when I bought them that Canon might not. The savings made it worth it. (No issues so far, knock on wood.)

Other lenses I bought locally because the savings was much smaller.

Upvote 0