Industry News: Here’s the Leica Q2

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Leica Q is my favorite camera of all time, something you may or may not know. From time-to-time, I make this statement on social media.
The Leica Q2 is apparently just around the corner, with an announcement expected in early March. Nokishita has just leaked the first product images of the new camera.
The Leica Q2 will reportedly sport a new 47mp sensor, weather sealing and a 75mm crop mode to go along with the 35mm and 50mm crop modes included in the original Q. Leica will use the same (possibly tweaked) Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH lens. The EVF will also be upgraded.

leica-168x168.jpg

leica_1-168x168.jpg

Continue reading...

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
I'd expect the same sensor to be on board in Leica M 10 II, Leica SL II, an example of efficient cost-cutting for Leica, but also Panasonic.
Yet, a price-drop is not to be expected, too sad that Leicas more often than not, end in showcases due to prohibitive pricing. And I won't even speak of their ultra-slow(1-2 month, unless you pay an extra hi-speed charge!), ultra-expensive , and unsatisfactory service quality.

Upvote 0

Berowne

... they sparkle still the right Promethean fire.
Jun 7, 2014
Be interesting to see how the existing lens handles the 47mp and whether the stabilisation is also being enhanced. If I was to ever buy a Leica, this would be it.

You should! My son grabbed a Leica Q two years ago or so. It is a nice camera and the IQ is quite pretty.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0