Canon EOS RP w/RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM in stock and ready to ship

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Hey @Mr_EMan I ordered the RP and the 35mm last week and they charged my credit card yesterday. Hopefully shipping out today.

Good point. I should check my card.

<VISA is experiencing delay at the moment. Technicians are checking out one particular IP address for overloading their system.>

Nope, nothing posted there on my card yet. I ordered it with the RF 24-105mm.

This is the first device I've obsessed about getting in a long, long time. Don't know why. It's not even a great camera.

Upvote 0

Chavim

5D2, RP
Feb 11, 2019
dphacks.com
Good point. I should check my card.

<VISA is experiencing delay at the moment. Technicians are checking out one particular IP address for overloading their system.>

Nope, nothing posted there on my card yet. I ordered it with the RF 24-105mm.

This is the first device I've obsessed about getting in a long, long time. Don't know why. It's not even a great camera.

Same here, have had the 5DII for years and never really cared about a new camera. Saw this camera and was like, "holy sh1t, this is perfect for me"

Upvote 0

Nelu

1-DX Mark III, EOS R5, EOS R
CR Pro
I'm traveling to Europe in a month and thought this would be the perfect travel camera. I'm anxiously awaiting my tracking number, just like the rest of you. I also ordered the rf 24-105mm kit. Any thoughts on a complimentary lens or lenses for a week on the Mediterranean?
I would get the RF 35mm f/1.8 IS for low light shots in the evenings and also a spare battery. If you have the 24-105mm kit lens you're all set for your trip.
Have fun and kill that shutter!:)
Nelu

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Tom W

EOS R5
Sep 5, 2012
I'm a "body-only" purchaser (with the free grip extender and adapter, of course). The adapter shipped and arrived today. The Adorama site says "processing" on the body, but they did charge my card so I think that shipping is imminent.

In the meantime, I have a 24-105 RF lens and an EF-RF adapter and nothing to mount them on. But that's OK - I have some outdoor chores to do today, and I don't really think I'd get to them if I had received the camera today.

Upvote 0
I agonized over the RP vs. the EOS R. I decided on the EOS R. I get it today!! Excited.

The reasons that swayed me were:

-RP not out at the time
-RP does NOT do silent shutter (hope they do in a future firmware update, how this is held back blows my mind)
-R shutter is rated to 200k cycles. RP is 100k. (not a huge deal, but it did help sway me)
-R has noticably better dynamic range and shadow recovery. Used to shoot the 6D and 5DII and shadow recovery was always nasty.
-R uses a bigger battery

I do like the way the RP looks with the grip, and its smaller size. But really when it came down to it, I love the ability to shoot silently.

I have a feeling I won't like the mode dial on the R. I like the traditional mode dial since I switch between TV and AV a lot. I like being able to switch on the fly. No idea how I'll do with the R. I'm sure it's possible.. just not sure if it's as fluid as turning a knob.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I agonized over the RP vs. the EOS R. I decided on the EOS R. I get it today!! Excited.

-RP not out at the time
-RP does NOT do silent shutter (hope they do in a future firmware update, how this is held back blows my mind)
-R shutter is rated to 200k cycles. RP is 100k. (not a huge deal, but it did help sway me)
-R has noticably better dynamic range and shadow recovery. Used to shoot the 6D and 5DII and shadow recovery was always nasty.
-R uses a bigger battery

I do like the way the RP looks with the grip, and its smaller size. But really when it came down to it, I love the ability to shoot silently.

I have a feeling I won't like the mode dial on the R. I like the traditional mode dial since I switch between TV and AV a lot. I like being able to switch on the fly. No idea how I'll do with the R. I'm sure it's possible.. just not sure if it's as fluid as turning a knob.
The manual lists a Silent Mode, is that not the same thing?

Upvote 0
(....)
Before the R, I owner an 80D. When turning the mode-dial, you had to press-and-hold the button inside the dial. For safety reasons, I think. The way you operate the dial on the R is very similar. You press a button and then you turn a knob. And if you don't want to turn it, you tick the screen.
I was used to it in a few seconds, even less. The big advantage is that it gives room to a great number of video modes, which otherwise would have taken a lot of space on the mode-dial. So only advantages IMHO (and in my humble experience too).

Upvote 0
I'm traveling to Europe in a month and thought this would be the perfect travel camera. I'm anxiously awaiting my tracking number, just like the rest of you. I also ordered the rf 24-105mm kit. Any thoughts on a complimentary lens or lenses for a week on the Mediterranean?

I've done Italy with the (24-105 mm/24-70 mm) + crop sensor, and that was good. And when we want to go wide angle, my wife and I use our phones. Some of the good photos we've picked from our vacations have come from an iPhone. I'm hoping with a full frame the 24-105 will be enough, but I have the old, old 70-200 mm f4 that I take with me when I need the reach.

Have fun in the Mediterranean! Just a bit jealous.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
The manual lists a Silent Mode, is that not the same thing?

Apparently for the RP silent mode is just a scene mode and can't be done in AV, TV etc. and possibly (maybe?) Jpeg only? someone can correct some (or all) of those if I am wrong.

Oh 1/8000 vs 1/4000. I use fast glass and sometimes on the bleeding edge.

Still though I got by years with my 6D. i imagine it's not a huge deal.

Upvote 0
I've done Italy with the (24-105 mm/24-70 mm) + crop sensor, and that was good. And when we want to go wide angle, my wife and I use our phones. Some of the good photos we've picked from our vacations have come from an iPhone. I'm hoping with a full frame the 24-105 will be enough, but I have the old, old 70-200 mm f4 that I take with me when I need the reach.

Have fun in the Mediterranean! Just a bit jealous.
Thanks, I'm excited! I do have the 17-40 F/4 (and the 24-70 F/2.8 ii), but I don't want to carry too many lenses with me. Nelu suggested getting the 35 RF 1.8 and yeah, I might have done that for low light. :)

Upvote 0

-RP not out at the time
-R uses a bigger battery

I've been an R user for a couple of months now. I loved it from the get go and have only loved it more as time has passed and I've gotten nearly all of it figured to my liking. I've been shooting exclusively with adapted EF glass and my Sigma 150-600. I feel they work better adapted to the R than mounted to a traditional dslr. I'm holding out for the RF 16-35mm. Also releasing very soon, maybe tomorrow, is the adapter with either the drop in polarizer or ND filter ring. I got the polarizer version preordered. Literally one filter for ANY lens attached via the adapter! I can't wait to boost contrast and saturation on wildlife on very bright days where I can afford the stop in slowness. Eagles beware, lol!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm a "body-only" purchaser (with the free grip extender and adapter, of course). The adapter shipped and arrived today. The Adorama site says "processing" on the body, but they did charge my card so I think that shipping is imminent.

In the meantime, I have a 24-105 RF lens and an EF-RF adapter and nothing to mount them on. But that's OK - I have some outdoor chores to do today, and I don't really think I'd get to them if I had received the camera today.
Same thing happened to me, purchased the body with the free adapter and grip, this morning I got the adapter and the rest of the order still processing, they could have just sent out everything at once but its ok, hopefully the send them out today.

Upvote 0