Firmware: Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro v2.0.0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon has released new firmware for the RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro.
Firmware Version 2.0.0 incorporates the following enhancement:

Support for the “panning” scene mode with the EOS RP has been added. The “panning” scene mode reduces subject blurring and blurs the background when the lens is mounted to the EOS RP.

This firmware update is for lenses equipped with firmware version older than 2.0.0. If the lens firmware is already Version 2.0.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
The version of the lens firmware can be checked on the camera menu.
Download firmware v2.0.0 for the RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro

Continue reading...

Last edited:

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
For EF lens (e.g. 40mm 2.8):

Cameras that can be used for the firmware update:
Canon EOS-1D X (1), Canon EOS 5D Mark III (1,*2), or Canon EOS REBEL T4i

Customers who do not own any of the cameras listed above, but wish to have the firmware of their lenses updated, are asked to contact our service centers.
That would make it kind of hard to update the RF 35 then:LOL:

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2015
That would make it kind of hard to update the RF 35 then:LOL:
I updated the RF 24-105 a couple of days ago. I downloaded from Canon, and the download consisted of pdf-installation guides in different languages, and the actual firmware file. I dropped the firmware file onto the SD card (which first was formatted in the camera). When you go to the “firmware section” in the camera menu, you can view the firmware version for both the camera and the lens that is attached. The camera will notice it if you have the update-file on the SD card, and it will ask if you want to update the firmware of the lens. Make sure you have enough power on the battery, and then go. I estimate it took 2-3 minutes to complete the firmware update.

The camera warns you to not touch any buttons or turn off the power during the installation, so one should be careful.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
I updated the RF 24-105 a couple of days ago. I downloaded from Canon, and the download consisted of pdf-installation guides in different languages, and the actual firmware file. I dropped the firmware file onto the SD card (which first was formatted in the camera). When you go to the “firmware section” in the camera menu, you can view the firmware version for both the camera and the lens that is attached. The camera will notice it if you have the update-file on the SD card, and it will ask if you want to update the firmware of the lens. Make sure you have enough power on the battery, and then go. I estimate it took 2-3 minutes to complete the firmware update.

The camera warns you to not touch any buttons or turn off the power during the installation, so one should be careful.
Thanks, excellent that means the R can be used for lens firmware and the rest is exactly the same as camera firmware. Typical seamless Canon (y)

Upvote 0