Canon Store refurbished sale, EOS R Body $1214, EOS 5D Mark IV $1619 and more!

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon USA is having a 10% off sale on refurbished gear until December 31, 2019. Simply use the coupon code HOLIDAY19 during checkout.
Canon Refurbished Camera Deals:

Canon EOS R Body $1214
Canon EOS R w/24-105mm f/4L IS USM $1934
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Body $4319
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Body $1619
Canon EOS 6D Mark II Body $972
Canon EOS 77D Body $535
Canon EOS M50 Body $422

Another great deal is the Speedlite 470EX-AI for $179!
The coupon code is now working for lenses and accessories, you can check out what’s in stock at the Canon Store here.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018
Maybe it's just me but I'm now way going to sign up for another credit card just to make a camera purchase, YMMV.

It really depends on how much you shop at B&H (or buy electronics in general) and what the sales tax is in your state. For one purchase, it's probably not worth it. If you buy stuff all the time, it pays WAY better than any other credit card's reward program.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

wsmith96

Advancing Amateur
Aug 17, 2012
Texas
Is it me; or does the "R" seem to be dropping price fast these days?
It's dropping, but more interesting to me is that Canon's not dumping off the majority of their traditional DSLR's or EF lenses. As an example, did anyone else notice that the refurbished 6D is more expensive than the refurbished 6D mark ii?

Did Canon paint themselves into a corner this year? They drop the price on the R, but the R glass is expensive (most of it). They don't really have any stellar sales on EF lenses, but could people be holding out to see what the R/RF system pans out? Why invest in a dead EF system if you are willing to by the R camera? I don't buy the compatibility theory. If you by an R, you are going to want RF lenses, but they are freaking expensive today - in the future that may be different.

Maybe I'm seeing things that don't exist because I already own what's on sale this year.... :)

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
...Maybe I'm seeing things that don't exist...

No "Maybe" about it.

While I agree that it is interesting that Canon is discounting some of their traditional DSLRs, the EF system is hardly "dead." And, if you buy an "R" you only want RF lenses if you don't own a DSLR, don't use the same focal length on both bodies or if the lens is cheap enough and used frequently enough that it is worthwhile to duplicate the lens in both systems (the 24-105 would be an example).

Instead of assuming some major strategy about lens sales, why not just accept the simple and obvious answer. All camera manufacturers are hurting. We are in the middle of the biggest period for sales in the U.S. (And, probably Europe as well). We are near the end of the year/quarter. Canon wants to end the year with strong sales and take advantage of consumers having more money in their pockets. These are not entry level Rebels, but cameras that lock people into the Canon ecosystem.

Upvote 0
Jan 21, 2015
It's dropping, but more interesting to me is that Canon's not dumping off the majority of their traditional DSLR's or EF lenses. As an example, did anyone else notice that the refurbished 6D is more expensive than the refurbished 6D mark ii?

Did Canon paint themselves into a corner this year? They drop the price on the R, but the R glass is expensive (most of it). They don't really have any stellar sales on EF lenses, but could people be holding out to see what the R/RF system pans out? Why invest in a dead EF system if you are willing to by the R camera? I don't buy the compatibility theory. If you by an R, you are going to want RF lenses, but they are freaking expensive today - in the future that may be different.

Maybe I'm seeing things that don't exist because I already own what's on sale this year.... :)
Older refurbished models are often more expensive than newer models. I've seen it on a regular basis.

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2018
bhphotovideo has a special sale with an extra $200 off for Canon products and is valid until 12/18/19, 11.59 EST. I am sure a lot of people got an email with the code to be used while checkout. Canon R with adaptor is $1299, Canon 6D ii was $999, Canon RP - $879. 5D IV - $1799. Deals on lenses too including 70-200, F2.8 iii

The RP is becoming extremely tempting at that price...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
bhphotovideo has a special sale with an extra $200 off for Canon products and is valid until 12/18/19, 11.59 EST. I am sure a lot of people got an email with the code to be used while checkout. Canon R with adaptor is $1299, Canon 6D ii was $999, Canon RP - $879. 5D IV - $1799. Deals on lenses too including 70-200, F2.8 iii

Do you happen to know if the $200 code works on the EOS R body with bundled accessories? They're offering EOS R body with EF adaptor only over the phone. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Do you happen to know if the $200 code works on the EOS R body with bundled accessories? They're offering EOS R body with EF adaptor only over the phone. Thanks!

The promo code works for EOS R with 24-240 ($1998) and 24-105 L lens ($2199). When put the code online, it showed the $200 discounted price online. Hence i am assuming it can be ordered online as well.

There is an accessories kit option (bag, card etc), but i dont know if it works. perhaps not.

Hope this helps.
I am sure the email with code went to all folks who buy from bhvideo or folks who are on their system. I am sure if you call them or chat with them online, they will send an email with code.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Yea the sales on new Eos R are better than this refurbished prices bc for 90% of people have to buy an Ef to R adapter. I was hoping when they listed the R for $1500 they would drop the refurbished price to like $1300 and maybe put that 10% off.

as I mentioned in my earlier reply to another person, the new EOS R at bhvideo after $200 discount is $1299 including the adapter plus tax.

• Wow
Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2018
So is the 6D2 if you want a dslr for FF, maybe after coming from a Rebel or a XXD. Incredible prices. Great opportunities for some. Me? My next camera will be full price and hasn't been announced/invented yet. lol.

For me, the RP would be an upgrade from the 80D (and get me a foot in the door of RF), but the RP would eventually be my second body... I'm also still waiting for my future "first" model to be announced :)

Upvote 0