Adorama wants your used Canon EOS-1D X Mark II and Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Are you thinking about upgrading to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III? Adorama would like to make that financially easier by buying your Canon EOS-1D X Mark II or Canon EOS 5D Mark IV bodies.
The Adorama process for buying your gear couldn’t be easier, it’s three simple steps.

Get a quick quote
Receive a prepaid shipping label
Cash, trade-up, store credit or direct deposit, the choice is yours.

Adorama will give up to $2500 USD for your Canon EOS-1D X Mark II (condition dependent) and up to $1250 USD for your Canon EOS 5D Mark IV (condition dependent).
Head over to Adorama for a quote

Continue reading...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Optics Patent

Former Nikon (Changes to R5 upon delivery)
Nov 6, 2019
Adorama is great to do business with for used sales, but be clear you understand the expectations before you ship. They expect a reasonable profit (maybe 30% of the sale?) based on real used prices people will pay.

But they will pay shipping, inspect, give a quote, and pay shipping back if you decline. (Don't be unethical just to let your camera enjoy a trip to NYC! ;-)

Also, if you decline, they may "sharpen the pencil" a bit and raise the price. They did that with my Nikon Z6.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Optics Patent

Nov 6, 2019
They'll pay you up to $1250 and turn right around and sell it for $1750.

I think you just discovered the concept of "retailing."

You could put it on Ebay where buyers can buy one now for $1499 (plenty sell for $1400 or less), and pay 13% commission as the buyer pays their 8% sales tax. And you'd have an hour of photographing, describing, packing and shipping. And answering dumb quyesitons and worrying ablout flaky or fraudulent returns. Hmmm...

$1250 seems to be more than you might net on Ebay.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
My last two ebay experiences have been beyond frustrating, and it's expensive to sell on there. I've found the popular buy/sell forum hasn't been as effective over the last year or so. I've started to sell/trade gear back to a Toronto retailer. It's so much easier!

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I've seen the 5DIV on kijiji in Canada for ~$2k CDN recently (~$1500 USD). Who knows if they're moving, but that seems to be the used market position here right now.

If I'm tempted enough by the coming R5 or high resolution model, I'd probably consider selling my 5D IV, but on the other hand I'd also like to not be in trouble with my partner for the next 6 months.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Given the fantastic Christmas sales on 5D IV, when they were going new with Canon warranty for under $2,000, it's no surprise the used price has fallen.

On the other hand, the Adorama offer on the 1Dx II is about $1,000 less than what they have been selling for on eBay. It's like trading in a used car vs. selling it. What price are you willing to pay to a seller not to have the hassle of selling it yourself? To me, $1,000 seems a bit steep, especially since I doubt the value of the Mark II is going to drop that much with the release of Mark III.

Upvote 0

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
Is there a good classified forum for high end photo gear? I’m tired of 13% eBay/PayPal commissions and sales tax.

Fred Miranda by and sell forums. It's a old photo community where gear flies back and forth daily. Quite a few gear heads on there that sell lenses veryy often, keeping wanted lenses and other gear in circulation in the community.
Literally everyone should be using it. Your welcome :)
Note that's it's 25 per year to access. That's it

Upvote 0

Optics Patent

Nov 6, 2019
Fred Miranda by and sell forums. It's a old photo community where gear flies back and forth daily. Quite a few gear heads on there that sell lenses veryy often, keeping wanted lenses and other gear in circulation in the community.
Literally everyone should be using it. Your welcome :)
Note that's it's 25 per year to access. That's it
Perfect. I prefer the quality of a pay site to the headaches of a free site. Astromart is one I use for telescopes.

Upvote 0