Adorama wants your used Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and Canon EOS R

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Adorama wants your used Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and Canon EOS R, and they’re willing to pay a bit more this month.
Prices offered (Condition Dependent)

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $1200
Canon EOS R $1000

This is a really simple process.

Get a quote here
Print the prepaid label and ship your gear to Adorama
Get cash, store credit or trade-in credit

Yes, one can get more selling privately, but for some people, that eBay fees and/or dealing with buy & sell forums isn’t worth the hassle.
Get a quote now!

Continue reading...

Cryhavoc

Eos R, EM1 MkII, Lumix G9, Lumix S1R
Jan 17, 2019
Seattle
$1k for my R? Lol! Not interested in being a wholesaler. I like it too much to sell anyway. :) Suits me perfectly.

Walk into a camera store and one can be surprised by the "specials" that are available at authorized dealers across the brands. I was told that they are special distributor deals that cannot be advertised online. Patronize your local stores. You might be surprised of the deals that can be found in them.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
$1k for my R? Lol! Not interested in being a wholesaler. I like it too much to sell anyway. :) Suits me perfectly.
Exactly! 5DMkIV's sensor and the whole camera seems underrated to me. OK not suitable for birding and sports but suitable for landscapes, interiors, museums, night photography, portraits and maybe more that I cannot think of right now.
Also it will be an excellent backup camera of R5.
P.S The 5DMkIV is suitable for all the above too. The advantage of R is the one it gets from 15-35 IS and 24-70 IS 2.8 lenses.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

IcyBergs

I have a Sony...TV
May 31, 2016
The specific cameras even used are worth a lot more than that. Even as backup cameras in the future. Of course that is my opinion. YMMV.

Right now you can have a brand new 5d4 for $2199 from an authorized dealer and they are $1900 new on ebay. Is $1200 for a used camera highway robbery not so much right now, but of course there is a big asterisk there which is "condition".

You could go through the hassle of trying to find a buyer on the used market yourself so the conveniece of selling to one of these big guys is really the value they offer it's never usually the prices they pay.

Personally, I've never sold any gear to a big reseller if anything it's always been on the street private party transactions, and never made less than any quote I've gotten from the big guys.

As far as bodies go though, I don't usually sell until it's 2 gens old and keep them as a back-up in the meantime. The difficulty with the 5d4 is that if you're planning to go all in at once and grab RF glass having the body around doesn't make as much sense, so trading it in and buying a cheap used R as a back-up to your planned R5 may make more sense in these cases.

Long story short I agree the cameras have more value either in your bag or on the street.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Basil

What is this?
Jul 29, 2013
New Mexico
Right now you can have a brand new 5d4 for $2199
I bought my 5D4 just before Christmas 2019 (B&H, but other big online stores had the same deal) they had a special wherein I bought the camera body, with a Canon Battery Grip plus a 64GB SD card thrown in - all for $1999. I jumped on that deal. It's a great addition to my 7DII (which I use mainly for Birds, Sports, etc). I use the 5D4 for just about everything else.

Upvote 0