Deal of the day: Tether Tools Case Air Wireless Tethering System $111 (Reg $149)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Adorama has the Tether Tools Case Air Wireless Tethering System as their Deal of the Day for $111 (Reg $149).
The Case Air Wireless Tethering System connects and transfers images instantly from your camera to a phone, tablet or computer. Case Air lets you control advanced camera settings including focus points, exposure settings, bracketing, time-lapse, HDR, and more. View your images on a larger screen to check critical focus and composition, or use Live View or movie mode for real-time capture to share and collaborate as you create.
Tether Tools Case Air Wireless Tethering System $111 (Reg $149)

Continue reading...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 378664

Quite intersting tool which seems to provide a lot of features for less money than camranger. But have you read about the conditions that could cause the app to not work? I think some seem to be a hint to the App not being really reliable:
  1. The Case Air is fully charged, you will get a green light.
  2. Have fully charged batteries in the camera.
  3. Charge up the device you are connecting to – iOS or Android.
  4. Disable Personal Hotspot and Bluetooth – you may need to put the device into Airplane Mode.
  5. Remove WiFi cards from the camera and disable any WiFi communication on the camera.
  6. If the camera takes two cards, please use just one.
  7. The correct cable is connecting from the Case Air into the USB port on the camera.
  8. Close all other apps on device, run Air Remote Mobile Tethering App only.
  9. Give/Allow access or permissions to Air Remote Mobile Tethering App
  10. If connecting to Android or Windows device, disable anti-virus apps or software.
  11. Disable Google Drive sync or Dropbox
  12. Update the firware – check Update (in Settings).
  13. Be sure your camera has been updated with its latest firmware updates.
  14. Empty the cache regularly (in Settings).
@MtSpokane Photography:

The tether device does establish its own WiFi and is connected via the USB port to the camera. The WiFi of the camera shall be disabled as a precondition.

Unfortunately the EOS M system with its Powershot OS is not supported.

regards
Frank

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Quite intersting tool which seems to provide a lot of features for less money than camranger. But have you read about the conditions that could cause the app to not work? I think some seem to be a hint to the App not being really reliable:
  1. The Case Air is fully charged, you will get a green light.
  2. Have fully charged batteries in the camera.
  3. Charge up the device you are connecting to – iOS or Android.
  4. Disable Personal Hotspot and Bluetooth – you may need to put the device into Airplane Mode.
  5. Remove WiFi cards from the camera and disable any WiFi communication on the camera.
  6. If the camera takes two cards, please use just one.
  7. The correct cable is connecting from the Case Air into the USB port on the camera.
  8. Close all other apps on device, run Air Remote Mobile Tethering App only.
  9. Give/Allow access or permissions to Air Remote Mobile Tethering App
  10. If connecting to Android or Windows device, disable anti-virus apps or software.
  11. Disable Google Drive sync or Dropbox
  12. Update the firware – check Update (in Settings).
  13. Be sure your camera has been updated with its latest firmware updates.
  14. Empty the cache regularly (in Settings).
@MtSpokane Photography:

The tether device does establish its own WiFi and is connected via the USB port to the camera. The WiFi of the camera shall be disabled as a precondition.

Unfortunately the EOS M system with its Powershot OS is not supported.

regards
Frank
That does seem like there are too many limitations. A few years back, I bought a device called iuabport camera2. It works fine without any of those limitations on all of my supported cameras. However, with my R, I use the built-in Wi-fi to download thru my wiFi network. Its a extensive network covering several buildings and even the area outdoors. There are 8 hotspots so the signal is good. everywhere. I have a lot of outbuildings spaced well apart, so each has its hotspot(s).

That means my photos are downloaded and ready when I am ready to view them. I usually just download the jpeg images, then when I want raw images, I download from my card. Its not so much the speed issue, but since many of the images are just for social networks, I don't need raw versions to clutter up my download directory.

Upvote 0