There is another RF mount camera coming in 2020 [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I have been told by a pretty reliable source that Canon will announce another RF mount camera in 2020. What exactly the camera is, I was not privy to at this time.
I do not believe it’s an EOS R system camera, but an RF mount video camera. I also don’t know if this is a totally new product, or if it’s an adapted Cinema EOS camera that is currently available.
I believe we may see an announcement for this camera during the last week of August, or the first week of September ahead of when IBC 2020 is scheduled to happen.
More to come…

Continue reading...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Fingers crossed for:
- XC-10/15 style body
- R5 internals
- RF mount instead of an attached lens

~$4500 and then YouTube can. shut. up. about. video.

YES. Exactly. XC-15 with R5 internals (or R6 with All-I, only 4K needed), XLR adapter, Internal ND, TIMECODE, Super35 sensor (can’t imagine it would be full frame and crush C300/C500), IBIS.

a small C100 RF cinema camera. Done.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

herein2020

Run | Gun Shooter
Mar 13, 2020
R6C with a fan, magnesium body, 4K120FPS, no recording limit, CLOG3, backup video recording, waveforms, full size HDMI port, power over USB-C, Video recording over USB-C, no video recording limits, video/photo toggle switch, 1/400s flash sync speed, built in remote flash radio trigger, MSRP $2999.00. Ok, I'm done dreaming now.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
R6C with a fan, magnesium body, 4K120FPS, no recording limit, CLOG3, backup video recording, waveforms, full size HDMI port, power over USB-C, Video recording over USB-C, no video recording limits, video/photo toggle switch, 1/400s flash sync speed, built in remote flash radio trigger, MSRP $2999.00. Ok, I'm done dreaming now.
I would buy the above list. This would be a damn near perfect camera

Upvote 0

davidhfe

CR Pro
Sep 9, 2015
YES. Exactly. XC-15 with R5 internals (or R6 with All-I, only 4K needed), XLR adapter, Internal ND, TIMECODE, Super35 sensor (can’t imagine it would be full frame and crush C300/C500), IBIS.

a small C100 RF cinema camera. Done.

Would actually love for it to not be a crop. If a "consumer" 45mp sensor can outperform a C500FF then somebody is gonna do it; might as well disrupt yourself before somebody else does. I'm under the impression that the C3/500 have a huge set of features that simply require those sorts of large bodies and astronomical prices. I don't think that anyone short of ARRI is going to be able to command these $25-50K prices for much longer.

If anything I think you're more likely to see some wild sensor formats, but without things like ND, timecode and SDI—specifically to differentiate the true cinema line. But I mean a little baby C200 with a 4K S35 sensor would be nice for sure.

Upvote 0

addola

Sold my soul for a flippy screen
Nov 16, 2015
Could it be an RF mount Cine camera? Hmmm, Canon has a line of EF-mount Cine lenses to go with their EF-mount Cine cameras. making an RF-mount Cine camera before they have RF Cine lenses seems weird, unless they expect users to adapt EF glass.

I think it’s safe to expect an 8K Cine camera soon. When Apple showcased the Mac Pro, they used an 8K footage from an unreleased Canon Cine camera.

Upvote 0
Could it be an RF mount Cine camera? Hmmm, Canon has a line of EF-mount Cine lenses to go with their EF-mount Cine cameras. making an RF-mount Cine camera before they have RF Cine lenses seems weird, unless they expect users to adapt EF glass.

I think it’s safe to expect an 8K Cine camera soon. When Apple showcased the Mac Pro, they used an 8K footage from an unreleased Canon Cine camera.

There is no difference at all in performance with or without an adapter for autofocus canon lenses (in some cases with an adapter on RF is actually faster than native EF) - so there definitely wont be a difference with manual focus cine lenses. I see no reason why adapting would be a problem for anyone and I am sure Canon will one day implement native RF lenses. So, I see no reason why this cant happen today.

Upvote 0