Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Last edited:
Mar 25, 2011
I don't trust the in or out of stock business at Canon's online store. They are having a issue with the store software so it can't be relied on. I purchased two EF-RF adapters that showed in stock. Then my order status changed to backordered, my card was charged, but nothing was sent. I would need to spend 90 minutes waiting on hold in order to call about it they won't use email.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I don't trust the in or out of stock business at Canon's online store. They are having a issue with the store software so it can't be relied on. I purchased two EF-RF adapters that showed in stock. Then my order status changed to backordered, my card was charged, but nothing was sent. I would need to spend 90 minutes waiting on hold in order to call about it they won't use email.
I had an email off Canon UK to say the RF100-500 was in stock , when I rung them to order it , they apologised and said it was a mistake , and that their systems were playing up , and I should not have been sent the email .

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
The stock issues at the online store pre-date the ransomware attack.

Yep. When I ordered that refurb RP+24-105 L kit, it was in stock until I ordered it.

That was last month, still don't have it. I'm now starting to wonder if the RP will play any role for me when I already have an R5, and maybe I should cancel the order, get a new 24-105 lens, and save myself 250 bucks.

• Angry
Upvote 0

This exact same thing happened to me. I just went around and around with them on the phone on Thursday of last week with them. I'm so disappointed with their system and how they've treated me over all this.

Upvote 0
I was actually going to post about Canon having problems and to be careful about ordering from them. I was charged at the time of the order and also received an order confirmation email. This all happened on July 30th. For at least a week their system was hacked and their website wouldn't work. When I contacted Canon on August 13 (two weeks after my order) they still had not shipped my order then said it was backordered. I told them I had a receipt emailed to me showing it was in stock. Then they stated I had not been charged for the item. I had my bank account open and told them I show that I was charged and I could send a screen shot of the transaction. I'm so disgusted with Canon right now over this. They don't even have verbiage in their email about the possibility that the item may be out of stock.

Upvote 0

CanonOregon

Having fun with what I have to shoot with now.
Sep 12, 2012
Oregon
A couple of years ago I ordered a 6d MkII with lens, a refurb when it showed in stock. Canon NEVER let me know that I wasn't going to get that order, holding it up for months. Finally got someone on the phone that told me the order should never have been taken. My card wasn't charged but it was frustrating, waiting on that 'Black Friday' order for months!

Upvote 0