8K Cinema RAW Light coming to the EOS R5 confirmed by Apple?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
A couple of weeks ago we reported about the coming firmware for the Canon EOS R5. We mentioned that Cinema RAW light was coming in that update, and it looks like Apple has confirmed it with the latest update for Final Cut Pro X.
From Apple:
This release also introduces significant performance improvements with new Metal-enabled plug-ins for RED RAW and Canon Cinema RAW Light. Transcoding 8K RED RAW video to ProRes 422 is up to two times faster on Mac Pro, and up to three times faster on MacBook Pro. And for the first time, Final Cut Pro editors can play and edit 8K Canon Cinema RAW Light.
There is no official date for the release of the new firmware, but I would expect it sometime in the next couple of months. I wouldn’t be surprised if Canon made an official announcement prior to the...

Continue reading...

Danglin52

Wildlife Shooter
Aug 8, 2018
your comment is irrelevant to the topic being discussed. this thread is about updates, not overheating issues. there is a multiple threads for that.
So.. Could you please stop turning every single thread on this forum into a video overheating drama.
If he won't chill a bit on this topic why don't we all just hit ignore visionrouge posts or is that considered bad etiquette on this forum. I just opened his profile and hit the ignore button. Don't know if this this or all threads.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

visionrouge.net

Video / Photography, China & Hong Kong
Jul 16, 2020
Hong Kong
www.visionrouge.net
SecureGSM said:
You are ignoring content by this member. Show ignored content
That's great finding, thanks,
It's working well.

" The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club..."

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
No it´s not! Its really relevant!!

I have the EOS R5 and from the very first moment i honestly underestimated the overheating issue. I thought I could deal with it. NO YOU CANT. It´s a pain it´s frustrating and it´s really irrelevant that Canon is thinking in add 8k raw light without fixing an issue that is tremendously negative! Camera is perfect in almost every ways, but this overheating issue kills the camera for video. Yes, you can record to Atomos wich somehow minimizes the problem, but forget the 4k120. And yes camera overheats even without you push the button. I believe you don´t have the camera because if you do have you realize how frustrating this camera is for video work!

- Now, 8k raw would be really a great update but if Canon really wants to improve the camera and make it more appealing to the market, just fix the god damn overheating and recovering times.
- Canon EOS R5 is a beast! In stills its the best mirrorless in the market and maybe the BEST camera in the market. For Vídeo it´s an impressive camera with a fantastic 4k30 and fantastic 4k120fps. If they fix the overheating this camera becomes the BEST camera in the market. But unless they fix this it´s almost insulting to put more "fancy" updates!

this thread related to:
the latest Apple update for Final Cut Pro X. and possibly.. only possibly may be, potentially, is indirectly seems like could be a hint at Canon R5 Cinema RAW Light firmware update coming.

where do you read this is somehow related tor R5 overheating specifically? you cannot just turn any thread with R5 mentioned in it into R5 overheating drama thread. not on this forum.

this:

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
No it´s not! Its really relevant!!

It's not relevant to this thread because we don't even know if it's the R5 or for the 8K cini camera. All Apple is doing is providing support for 8K Cini RAW Light.

The overheating threads are over that way. Shoo.

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0
It's not relevant to this thread because we don't even know if it's the R5 or for the 8K cini camera. All Apple is doing is providing support for 8K Cini RAW Light.

The overheating threads are over that way. Shoo.
So YOU should read the post! What canonrumors refer is an upgrade for the R5!

I have some trouble understanding this kind of "blind praise"....but I guess it´s just me. I believe when a topic refers the upcoming firmware of the EOS R5 that the overheating issue must be discussed. Unless you have no idea how painfull it is to have such an amazing camera in the hands and you just can´t work with her in video purposes. You have no idea how it is to be shooting stills and every time I look to the lcd there is a red blinking warning that makes you get nervous. So you prefer to adress the possibility of the eos R5 to have 8k raw? Fine. On topic: Ohh yeaaaahhh baby! 8k cinemaraw light! This just ads a hole new world to the camera!

Now, I visit this forum for years and of course I already discover that here either you praise Canon, or you are a troll or a hater, or someone just "shooo" on you! But hey.....I´m a troll with a large amount of money invested in this brand...I am not here to troll I am here with the hope that if we make noise, if we complain maybe Canon can adress the issues and get better! For some of you no...everything is perfect and no one can talk about nothing unless is for praising.

So, continue with the thread, speak about the 8k raw. I "shoo" out of here.;)

EDIT: Ohhh BTW Finalcutpro has updated last night and they have added RAW editing. Adjusting prores raw is now possible in the inspector.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
So YOU should read the post! What canonrumors refer is an upgrade for the R5!

I have some trouble understanding this kind of "blind praise"....but I guess it´s just me. I believe when a topic refers the upcoming firmware of the EOS R5 that the overheating issue must be discussed. Unless you have no idea how painfull it is to have such an amazing camera in the hands and you just can´t work with her in video purposes. You have no idea how it is to be shooting stills and every time I look to the lcd there is a red blinking warning that makes you get nervous. So you prefer to adress the possibility of the eos R5 to have 8k raw? Fine. On topic: Ohh yeaaaahhh baby! 8k cinemaraw light! This just ads a hole new world to the camera!

Now, I visit this forum for years and of course I already discover that here either you praise Canon, or you are a troll or a hater, or someone just "shooo" on you! But hey.....I´m a troll with a large amount of money invested in this brand...I am not here to troll I am here with the hope that if we make noise, if we complain maybe Canon can adress the issues and get better! For some of you no...everything is perfect and no one can talk about nothing unless is for praising.

So, continue with the thread, speak about the 8k raw. I "shoo" out of here.;)

EDIT: Ohhh BTW Finalcutpro has updated last night and they have added RAW editing. Adjusting prores raw is now possible in the inspector.

++++ every time I look to the lcd there is a red blinking warning that makes you get nervous

A.M.: That's a worry.... probably explains your anxiety.. just a friendly joke :)

Upvote 0
and,
please wait 90mn for the next take to let the camera cool down.
Except most studios will not have a single body, they have multiple ones - check out Armando Ferreira stuff before he succumbed to hyperbole.

He stated that studios have multiple Red bodies for instance, so I don’t see multiple r5s being a problem....

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Thanks for your concern.
If you shoot RAW, or light RAW, it have to be for a more professional video user perspective than just a photographer point of view.
At this time; the full video capabilities of the camera should be carefully addressed.
If a firmware is allowing such great LightRaw option, the maximum recording time and recovery time will go together.
There is no more," it's a great picture camera, deal with it" anymore.
For now, recording maximum recording time limitation will block all the professional use of 8K video.
Sorry if it's hard to read.
And if you think a user should be ban for saying so; so be it.

So by that logic, only pro’s should use raw for stills?

I shoot 8k, not raw as I’ve had issues with the CFE and still working that out. But for me I will shoot in the best quality I can at the time with what I have - be that stills or video, and I’m not a pro with either of those.

Upvote 0