Stock Notice: Used EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM at Adorama

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I rented one of these in March for a trip to Sanibel pre-COVID-19 shutdown. It is a fantastic lens and amazingly light for the focal length and f stop. But, yeah, way more than I can afford and for the limited use I would have, renting is a better option for me. Hoping for some panic sales in the future as people move to RF system.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I rented one of these in March for a trip to Sanibel pre-COVID-19 shutdown. It is a fantastic lens and amazingly light for the focal length and f stop. But, yeah, way more than I can afford and for the limited use I would have, renting is a better option for me. Hoping for some panic sales in the future as people move to RF system.
The opposite is more likely. The wealthy birders are flocking back to Canon and looking for big whites. There’s a shortage of used such lenses on the market.

Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
For that price I'd just choke and buy the new one.

I'll never own that lens or anything like it because I would never use it. I'm a stalker and and always on the move when I'm shooting. I can't see lugging this thing out into the field and setting up in a blind or something like that. I'd be bored to tears. Not to mention the legs and gimbal would be another couple of grand.

I've been wnating one of these or the 500mm for years but then I think about it and wave off.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Billybob

800mm f/11 because a cellphone isn't long enough!
May 22, 2016
Judging from the demand for the R5, apparently a lot. I know that the lens is more than 3x the price of a new R5, but it tells you that there are plenty of hobbyist out there with cash to burn. Note also that Canon doesn't produce these lenses in volume.

The question I have is whether Canon will be in much of a hurry to produce Big Whites in RF mount. I hear that these lenses work superbly using the adapter, so Canon may decide that its more profitable investing its R&D dollars for more high-demand items.

Upvote 0