The next major firmware updates for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 will come in Q1 of 2021 [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The recent firmware updates for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 left a few shooters wanting. Even if the updates did add some good new features, they weren’t quite the features people had been hoping for.
I have been told that the next major firmware update for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 will come sometime during Q1 of 2021.
Coming Canon EOS R5 features:

Canon Cinema RAW light addition
C-Log 3
1080p @ 120fps

More to come…

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user
Is this possible maybe promise but I’m not sure if I can keep my word it will be out in November, December ah hell maybe June of 2022 update pertaining to the 1dxmkiii as well? Asking for myself since I have Stockholm syndrome and keep loving the abusive lying nature of my media capturing god
Hahaha. I know what you mean. That being said 4K 10bit 4:2:2 Canon Log in the 1Dxiii and R5 are such a joy already.

Upvote 0
Hahaha. I know what you mean. That being said 4K 10bit 4:2:2 Canon Log in the 1Dxiii and R5 are such a joy already.
I mean canon is getting ridiculous and so are we for thinking they will change or get better. There are some days where I’m half tempted to get rid of all of it and jump ship. Then I think of the financial loss and I get sad.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Apparently along with the rise in positive Covid-19 tests, general crankiness, self-pity, and ingratitude are surging. Wow, what a reaction, so far, to a nice set of responses to requests being announced.

Take the gear you have and get out and take some photos and/or video of people who are dealing with real-world issues. Or just get some sunshine and fresh air if you are worried that what you have wouldn't do them justice because of how crippled and backward your gear is.

Happy Festival Season, all! And watch out for falling Snowflakes!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Upvote 0

Atlasman

EOS R6 MKII
CR Pro
May 14, 2020
I mean canon is getting ridiculous and so are we for thinking they will change or get better. There are some days where I’m half tempted to get rid of all of it and jump ship. Then I think of the financial loss and I get sad.
It would be worse than just your financial loss: you would discover that the grass isn't any greener on the other side.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0