Preorder: Flashpoint XPLOR 100 Pro TTL R2 Battery-Powered Monolight (Godox AD100 Pro)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
You can now preorder the Adorama exclusive new moonlight, the Flashpoint XPLOR 100 Pro TTL R2 Battery-Powered Monolight (Godox AD100 Pro), which is available for only $299.
Key Features

A mini-monolight a tad larger than a soda can and no calories!
Featherweight 18.5 Ounces of portable champ power
Complete Wireless R2 Radio performance response
Great way to start an R2 Flash Family on a budget
100WS of in the most well thought out design
Ready for shot after shot with 0.01 f 1.5 Second Recycle Time
Reliable and brilliant Flashpoint R2 2.4GHz Radio System
Auto-Sensing Radio Slave Modes for Canon, Sony, Nikon, Fuji, Pentax, Panasonic, and Olympus

Preorder: Flashpoint XPLOR 100 Pro TTL R2 Battery-Powered Monolight (Godox AD100 Pro) $299

Continue reading...

calfoto

Long Time Lurker
CR Pro
Feb 27, 2013
It seems to be a very nice little unit, one I could see having a place in my location kit - The one thing that bugs me right off the bat is that it needs yet another new battery.

It would be much more useful if it could have used the same battery as the AD200 series strobes which most likely could have allowed it to provide 500-600 full power shots.

Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
It seems to be a very nice little unit, one I could see having a place in my location kit - The one thing that bugs me right off the bat is that it needs yet another new battery.

It would be much more useful if it could have used the same battery as the AD200 series strobes which most likely could have allowed it to provide 500-600 full power shots.

Yeah, good eye. I thought it would at least use the same as the V1... but guess not. I could see picking a couple up when they hit the 150-200 range.

Upvote 0
I've been using the Godox AD360ii-c 360watt-second units and besides heavy these work very well. One unit with a 24-inch Godox softbox and light stand works well for shooting a model on location. I just strap the battery onto the light stand and using an XPro wireless transmitter to fire it. At reasonable distances, you can shoot f8 at ISO 100 with reasonably even light. The Godox is a bare bulb flash so in a softbox the light is not harsh at all. With all the lighting equipment on the light stand, you can grab it and move it around easily.

This shot was done outdoors after the sun went down and you can see from the background that it's close to dark but Kat was nicely lit from my left side. ISO 100, f8, 1/60th, 37mm with RF 24-70mm f/2.8L on my R5. The AD360 is $400 new but will give ~500 flashes at full power and 1-2 sec recycle time. The battery snaps on and with 2 spare batteries I'm good for 1,200 - 1,500 shots at least.

VegasCameraGuy-4521-3 50pct.jpg

Upvote 0

Bdbtoys

R5
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2020
Poor Godox — they release what's argueably their best example of industrial design to date, and the all the Godoxheads reject it because it's ... $300 (gasp).

First part is opinion (not bad, but best???). For usefulness, it trades blows with a V1 imo.

For the second part... paying retail for Flashpoint/Godox (or any product for that matter) is silly when you don't have an immediate need for it. Plus the FP brand goes on sale so much it's worth it to wait in that situation. Also, think you missed the point on price... there are other alternatives out there that can do a similar thing or better for around the same price point. I would be hard-pressed to pick one of these up over an AD200 at the same price point (which these are at).

Upvote 0