A new Canon ILC has hit certification

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Hot on the heels of the recent lens certifications, Canon has now registered a new interchangeable lens camera with a Russian certification agency.
The new camera is codenamed DS12856, for reference, the EOS-1D X Mark III had the codename DS126771. Cameras that begin with “DS” can also be for the RF mount and generally denotes an ILC. Unless there’s another Rebel in the pipeline, I would think that this is an RF mount camera.
I have an idea of what this camera is, but I will need to confirm some information.
I expect at least one camera announced before July, and this could be it.
More to come…

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 22, 2019
I think we can have a pretty good guess that this is an RF 1Dx type camera. With the Olympics coming and a 600mm f4 and 400mm f2.8 about to be announced. If this camera isn't it, we can expect one. The only question has always been whether Canon had the technology they were satisfied with for a camera like this. That's because this type of camera has a long model life so it needs to hold it's own for several years.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Atlasman

EOS R6 MKII
CR Pro
May 14, 2020
I think we can have a pretty good guess that this is an RF 1Dx type camera. With the Olympics coming and a 600mm f4 and 400mm f2.8 about to be announced. If this camera isn't it, we can expect one. The only question has always been whether Canon had the technology they were satisfied with for a camera like this. That's because this type of camera has a long model life so it needs to hold it's own for several years.
It would make sense to announce their flagship along with these long primes!

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

DBounce

Canon Eos R3
May 3, 2016
Why not the EOS R5C? Or it was already registered?
Because Canon is expected to announce the RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and RF 600mm f/4L IS USM lenses this month. Those types of lenses are ideally paired with the 1D series equivalent body. The pending launch of these lenses all but guarantees that the soon to be announced body will be the R1.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Apr 1, 2016
I certainly think they can at least match Sony and Nikon's offering

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Billybob

800mm f/11 because a cellphone isn't long enough!
May 22, 2016
Sounds interesting. I’ll take that Canon R1 with the global shutter please.
I'm okay without a GS as long as the readout speed matches or exceeds that of the Sony A1. The fast readout, 45-50MP (okay, I won't sniff at 60-80MP) combined with quad-pixel AF will make for a phenomenal action/wildlife camera that will make Sony's A1 look like yesterday's news. Oh, add a body similar to the pre-announced Nikon Z9 and Canon has me for life.

Upvote 0
Mar 10, 2021
I'm okay without a GS as long as the readout speed matches or exceeds that of the Sony A1. The fast readout, 45-50MP (okay, I won't sniff at 60-80MP) combined with quad-pixel AF will make for a phenomenal action/wildlife camera that will make Sony's A1 look like yesterday's news. Oh, add a body similar to the pre-announced Nikon Z9 and Canon has me for life.
I hope the quad AF does not mean quad Bayer as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

It will be something expensive. Canon doesn't care about affordable cameras anymore.

To be fair, thats because consumers have smartphones. The people that would buy a ILC under £1000 shrunk significantly due to smartphones computational photographing their way into images that on first glance look like or better than the image from a APSC.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0