Canon USA restocks their refurbished store with popular RF and EF lenses

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon USA has restocked a bunch of popular RF and EF lenses in their refurbished department. All refurbished gear from Canon USA comes with a full 1-year Canon USA warranty
Refurbished Canon RF Lenses:

Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM $2069 (Reg $2299)
Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM $879 (Reg $1099)
Canon RF 24-240mm f/5-6.3 IS USM $719 (Reg $899)
Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro $399 (Reg $499)
Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM $2069 (Reg $2299)
Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM $2429 (Reg $2699)

Refurbished Canon EF Lenses:

Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM $1279 ($1599)
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro $1040 ($1299)
Canon TS-E 135mm f/4L Macro Tilt-Shift $1759 (Reg $2199)

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user
I've had the 24-105 & 28-70 both on back order since before Black Friday. Of course I've seen in the past that just because the website says in-stock; doesn't mean it is true.
I saw this post yesterday morning pacific time and jumped on it straight away because I was too slow the past 2x the refurbished lenses went on sale. I just got the RF 50 1.2L delivered this morning.

Upvote 0

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
My RF 100-500mm has been on backorder for several months now... any ideas, how to act? Cancel the order and try my luck elsewhere? Or just keep being patient.
I was able to locate one by calling a local high end camera store that had one in stock with a RF 1.4 TC as well and was able to order it. The store was about 20 mi from me in Berkeley, CA, and that's how I knew about the store because it had used it on occasion in the past. Unfortunately when I ordered it, I was on the East Coast and had to have the ship it to me there, which added to the expense but it was great to be able to get it. I had called every big known bulk camera store all over the country before that, and no luck. Maybe try to find a list of smaller more specialty, non chain camera stores (very rare) but that might be where you can find one--at least, that's where I lucked out back in March.
Catherine

Upvote 0
I was able to locate one by calling a local high end camera store that had one in stock with a RF 1.4 TC as well and was able to order it. The store was about 20 mi from me in Berkeley, CA, and that's how I knew about the store because it had used it on occasion in the past. Unfortunately when I ordered it, I was on the East Coast and had to have the ship it to me there, which added to the expense but it was great to be able to get it. I had called every big known bulk camera store all over the country before that, and no luck. Maybe try to find a list of smaller more specialty, non chain camera stores (very rare) but that might be where you can find one--at least, that's where I lucked out back in March.
Catherine
thx for the reply! I’ll try just once my trip gets a bit closer

Upvote 0

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
thx for the reply! I’ll try just once my trip gets a bit closer
I read somewhere that sometimes Canon will have the smaller stores agree to take an expensive lens or two in order to get a small supply of a hot camera and that's why you might find one at these small stores.
Good luck--
Catherine

Upvote 0
Well... I think I had the biggest BS chat with Canon ever. So regarding the order for refurbished lenses I put in exactly 6 months ago (11/16/20)... Note the order was made when the lenses were on significant sale. Not to mention the lenses are never in stock to begin with so I can't really put in a new order. And even if I could; I wouldn't want to pay full price for what I ordered (even refurbished). Here is the response from the chat to my inquiry:

Thanks for waiting. The status of the order had changed back in May, however, the lenses are currently out of stock. Unfortunately, I don't have any further details from when the status of the order changed. The order is also allocated to a warehouse that most likely will not be receiving any shipments for inventory. The best option would be to place a new order when those lenses become available again. I apologize for the inconvenience. Would you like me to cancel the order?

ARGHHHH!!

Upvote 0