Black Friday: Lexar memory card deals including CFast 2.0 and CFexpress Type-B

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
...Curious how good the modern Lexar is.
After having three Lexar SD cards fail on me in a single year I swore off Lexar. The cards were bought shortly after the original Lexar was sold. They may have improved their quality control since then. But, I now try to buy only SanDisk and ProGrade, with an occasional Transcend. Never had any problems with any of these. I used to have mostly Lexar cards, but I just don't want to take the chance anymore.

Upvote 0
After having three Lexar SD cards fail on me in a single year I swore off Lexar. The cards were bought shortly after the original Lexar was sold. They may have improved their quality control since then. But, I now try to buy only SanDisk and ProGrade, with an occasional Transcend. Never had any problems with any of these. I used to have mostly Lexar cards, but I just don't want to take the chance anymore.
Back in 2012 I bought 4pcs 32GB CF 1000x cards, and they have served me faultlessly ever since. I'm just an amateur, so you may stress the cards much more than I do.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Back in 2012 I bought 4pcs 32GB CF 1000x cards, and they have served me faultlessly ever since. I'm just an amateur, so you may stress the cards much more than I do.
Lexar was owned by Micron from 2006-2017, when they were acquired by Longsys. The cards I had problems with were SD cards manufactured shortly after the company was sold. Cards I purchased before that never failed and that includes Compact Flash cards.

ProGrade Digital was formed by former Lexar executives and I have been very pleased with the quality and reliability of their cards.

I hope that Longsys has improved quality control, but having been burned, I am cautious. Individual results may vary and everyone needs to decide for themselves.

Unfortunately, you only know about the quality of cards after they fail and you lose data. And, of course, one card failure is no guarantee of future failures, just as past reliability is no guarantee of future reliability, but having had a bad experience three times, I don't care to risk a fourth.

Upvote 0