Maybe we have already talked about the Cinema EOS C5, when it was the Cinema EOS C50?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Yesterday I posted about a rumored Canon Cinema EOS C5, and mentioned it was the first time that I had heard about such a camera. I may have been wrong about that once I dug back on past Cinema EOS C50 reports from back in 2020.
Original Cinema EOS C50 Patent Images

jpa-501161567_i_000005.jpg

patentrfcini.gif

jpa-501161567_i_000011.jpg

The original rumored specifications were impressive at the time, but less so in 2022. There is a chance that the EOS C50 may have morphed into a different product, namely the EOS C5.
Canon Cinema EOS C50 (Rumored in 2020)

Super 35mm 4K sensor (same as the Cinema EOS C200)
No IBIS
RF Mount
Internal ND (10 Stops)
CLog 2 &...

Continue reading...

usern4cr

R5
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Kentucky, USA
They mentioned that it would have:
  • Full pixel QPAF, and RAW internal recording in subsequent firmware.
That's the first I've heard of them delivering QuadPixel AF in a camera. Maybe it's been in other cameras they have? - I don't know. But I would really like to buy a Canon R hybrid camera with QuadPixel AF. Bring it on, Canon!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2018
The patent drawings for the C5 look exactly like the Red Komodo. I mean, if you told me those were sketches of the Komodo, I'd believe you. Everything from the top-mounted screen to the dual battery mount on the back.
Lets hope thats why it disappeared from the rumour sites as it basically looked like a camera from RED and the designers had to go back to the drawing board as I really want this camera to be real.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2018
They mentioned that it would have:
  • Full pixel QPAF, and RAW internal recording in subsequent firmware.
That's the first I've heard of them delivering QuadPixel AF in a camera. Maybe it's been in other cameras they have? - I don't know. But I would really like to buy a Canon R hybrid camera with QuadPixel AF. Bring it on, Canon!
Except it would only be available when shooting 720@30 with a crop, because ... Canon

Having said that I think CR might be onto some thing here.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2021
no one really talked about how the R5C 4k120 mode is oversampled from 8k. that's a major advantage over the R5 4k120 (though I think the R5 4k120 is still beautiful). the R5C also has true 120 fps video with audio rather than the R5 which has no audio and which is formatted to 30 fps.
The R5C does not oversample 4K120p.

The R5C does oversampled 4K and 2K from 8K up to 60p however and it does offer audio recordings in all modes, including 4K120p.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2018
Guys, seriously! Is there any future in those toys when unreal engine 5 ( or 6) will take over the visual industry
I follow the state of what they are doing with UE quite closely. I think you underestimate the limitations and costs of building those studios and what goes into the design and programming of the content. Then if you are going to have real actors you still have to shoot it. UE definitely has it's uses but won't replace cameras in my life time. Not every one is shooting Marvel crap.

If you want a parallel look to the music business where eliminating artists and replacing them with producers and computers has completely destroyed the business. 70-80% of all music sold used to be new music. Now it is down in the 20% range. There is a reason why the media companies will pay $1B for Springsteen's catalog or hundreds of millions for Dylan's.

"Today's music ain't got the same soul" - Bob Seger

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
That 8K sampling is typo, but another R5 crop sensor derivative (like the RED Komodo) would make a lot of sense.
Canon S35 sensors have a crop around 1.43x
So, if they keep the 3:2 aspect ratio for stills usage, it would be a 5.7K sensor

5728x3820 = 21.9 effective megapixels for stills.
Rolling shutter would be around 11ms (at least without DGO, that feature also seems confusing).

With IBIS and an ND filter, it would look mighty appealing.

Upvote 0