That’s all folks, for me anyway. Canon Rumors will live on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I knew I’d be making this post one day, and I figured it would make me sad, I was wrong about the latter. The last 24 hours have been some of the most horrible hours of my life.
This has sort of been in the works for about the last year or so. I haven’t had much fun with this site over the last 2 or 3 years, a new demographic of people have exhausted me. I think a lot of this change started with the proliferation of YouTube personalities over the last 5 years.
Nothing is about information anymore, it’s only about whose saying it. This is true for all forms of media and I really don’t want to be a part of it.
So, those last 24 hours?
I don’t care if anyone comes at me, I’m a big boy and very few of you would ever say it to my face, so I generally don’t care about the cowards and fanboys.
However, yesterday they came at my children and my wife. They came at my family….. little fanboys of certain YouTubers that have obviously been raised horribly. What was in my inbox I won’t even...

Continue reading...

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users

bergstrom

Photographer
Feb 23, 2015
Really sorry that THIS is the reason you have to stop. You should absolutely make a statement to police and keep screenshots etc and keep the emails in the inbox so they might be traced back. Well done for shielding your family from this, but at the same time, you are now carrying this burden and you should really just share it with a close friend and get it off your chest, it will be therapeutic.

Best of luck for the future and in your future endeavours.

Reactions: 14 users
Upvote 0

SpaceGhost

Canon 1DX
Jul 19, 2012
Texas
Of all the photography sites, this was always the best. It was always so genuine and had the least amount of drama. I'm shocked to hear that behind the scenes you were being attacked. That is just so wrong. I don't understand why some people, mostly strangers, feel the need to make others feel bad over something like a camera brand, etc. ... all for probably fanboy reasons. Maybe its more than that... maybe those people feel the need to put you down to make their purchases feel justified which is just silly. Who cares if you like another brand, etc. I couldn't care if one like a Mac or a PC but I love computers. I like Canon and I appreciate the competition in brands but my loyalty is to photography and those communities that help grow photography, not some soulless brand just trying to get market share. Canon Rumors was always a great place for photography. Long live Canon Rumors!

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.