Kamlan introduces it’s first full frame lens – available for the RF mount

Kamlan has made some interesting APS-C lenses in the past, and now they look to branch out into the full-frame market.  With no electronic connections, it’s all manual focus and aperture settings, but you get a 55mm F1.4 lens for usually an excellent bang for the buck if their previous APS-C F 50mm F1.1 is any indication which happens to retail for $249.

The specifications of the lens are;

Focal length: 55mm
Full-frame compatible
Angle of view: 40.5 °
Open F value: F1.4
Lens configuration: 8 elements in 6 groups
Number of aperture blades: 13 elements
Shortest focal length: Approximately 0.3m
Focus adjustment: Manual focus
Compatible mounts: Sony FE, Nikon Z , Canon R
Weight:475g Dimensions: 76.5x66mm
Scheduled release date: May 2022

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I have the Kamlan 50mm f/1.1 II lens in EF-M mount. It's a very impressive chunk of glass and metal. It has a very old school, very high quality feel. Even uses a metal lens hood. I just wish it had autofocus. I may be too old to go back to manual focus (manual aperture is no problem, thanks to Exposure Simulation). I'be been trying out a Sigma 56mm f/1.4 as a possible replacement, though I wish it were an f/1.2 or 1.1 too.
If the new Kamlan lens is as well made as mine and priced similarly, it will be a really good value for anyone comfortable with manual everything ( and no EXIF data).

Upvote 0
If you're content with well-constructed fully manual lenses, there is a host of nice vintage SLR lenses at low prices that easily adapt to mirrorless ICL cameras.

To be fair, the prices for old/vintage/... manual lenses have gone way up in the last 5-10 years - especially for the better ones - so you sometimes will get similar value for money with modern manual lenses.

Upvote 0