Stock Notice: Refurbished Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM $2609

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon USA store has the refurbished Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM in stock. These can still be quite hard to find lenses.v
Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM Key Features

High Performance L-series versatile Super-Telephoto Zoom RF Lens
Optical Image Stabilization with up to 5 stops of Shake Correction
High Speed, Smooth and Quiet Auto Focus with Dual Nano USM
Minimum Focusing Distance of 2.95′ (0.9m)
12 pin Communication System
Dust and Weather-resistant with Fluorine Coating
One Super UD and Six UD Lens
Zoom Focal Length: Focal Length: 100-500mm

Refurbished Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM $2609

Continue reading...

robotfist

Cinematographer/Photographer - Canon C300 III
Oct 23, 2017
Los Angeles
I feel like Canon's refurbished prices need to be lower. They're still close to the price of a new lens. In fact, if you can pay off your card each month, B&H's Payboo card essentially removes the tax, which makes a new version of this lens the same price as Canon's refurbished price (when you add in state tax to the Canon purchase).

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
I'm with you, if I can afford $2600 then $300 more isnt gonna break the bank. If I cant get a "refurbished" item for at least 20% less I might just as well pay full retail. Same goes for many of these resalers, they often times sell used items for just a tiny fraction of a discount over new. Surprise soo many people are willing to risk buying used or even refurbished when they could get a brand new item with a full warranty for just a little bit more.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Joel C

EOS R6, EOS R, EOS RP
CR Pro
Sep 22, 2019
Tacoma, WA
I can say that this lens really meets the hype. I have loved using this lens all over the place.

I think that often "canon refurbished" is simply a damaged box, quick return, or even unopend and carries the same warranty as new. At least that has been my experience with direct canon refurbs. I assume that's why there is very little mark down in price. I don't work there or anything like that though.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
I'm with you, if I can afford $2600 then $300 more isnt gonna break the bank. If I cant get a "refurbished" item for at least 20% less I might just as well pay full retail. Same goes for many of these resalers, they often times sell used items for just a tiny fraction of a discount over new. Surprise soo many people are willing to risk buying used or even refurbished when they could get a brand new item with a full warranty for just a little bit more.
What Leica are doing for the US market is -sorry- plain stupid.
You can buy the same lens, quality identical, for:
$5200 made in Germany
$4900 made in Portugal
Who would, in order to save $300, prefer the Portuguese version?
Leica customers are very sensitive to such prestige "details", not to mention the resale value, certainly much higher for the Germany version.
(Leica products made in Canada never had the same appeal, though excellently made).
If you can afford $4900 for a lens, chances are great you could afford $5200.
At such a difference, wouldn't you rather buy a Canon big white made in Japan, rather than the same lens made elsewhere?
PS: Leica's plant in Portugal produces splendid quality on the most advanced machines with highly qualified staff.
And yet...

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
This lens is up $90 from the last time this was offered, just 3 months ago

• Sad
Upvote 0

mpphoto

CR Pro
Dec 15, 2013
I feel like Canon's refurbished prices need to be lower. They're still close to the price of a new lens. In fact, if you can pay off your card each month, B&H's Payboo card essentially removes the tax, which makes a new version of this lens the same price as Canon's refurbished price (when you add in state tax to the Canon purchase).
When all of Canon's refurbs were 20% off, I'd almost always wait until a lens was available refurbished to purchase it. Now that some are only 10% off, it may not be cheaper for me than buying new when you factor in sales tax and shipping. Same goes for used lenses, which I have seen some places selling for only 5% off. Buying new through B&H and their PayBoo card can end up costing less, plus I don't have to wait for something to show up refurbished on Canon's site or used.

Upvote 0

OneSnark

Canon Fanboy
Aug 20, 2019
I had a bad experience with the "old" PayBoo card where they switched from paper to paperless statements without actually telling me.
But I got that resolved after a series of complaints.

But overall - - - that was a specific BANK issue. . . not a B&H issue. Still will buy from there without hesitation.

But to the point; I will add my voice to the "Are you kidding me?" chorus who feel that a 10% discount for a *refurb* lens is not nearly adequate. Especially when the MSRP is over-inflated to start with.

Upvote 0