Stock Notice: Canon EOS R7 at the Canon USA Store

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon USA Store is showing stock for the brand new Canon EOS R7 as body-only for $1499 or kitted with the brand new Canon RF-S 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM for $1899.
Canon EOS R7 Body $1499 | Canon EOS R7 w/18-150 IS STM $1899
Canon EOS R7 Key Features

High Image Quality with a 32.5 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS Sensor
High-Speed Shooting
Blazing Fast Autofocus
5-axis In-body Image Stabilization with auto-level technology
Record each clip over 30 minutes
Get professional quality video with Smart Shoe integration for audio and HQ 4K
Sensor Size: APS-C Camera Format
Resolution: 34 MP

Canon RF-S 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Key Features

Extended-range, RF-S mount Zoom Lens For APS-C Cameras
Lead Screw-type STM
Image Stabilization with up to 4.5 Stops of Shake Correction
Two Aspherical Elements and Canon Super Spectra Coating
Lens...

Continue reading...

After my recent trip to Kenia and a four-day safari, I thought I'd get the R7 for shooting wildlife/ sports in the future and attach my 100-500mm to it because I actually did not enjoy using the RF extender with its very limiting flexibility (Canon really dropped the ball here imho). Turns out, the R7 does have a battery grip... how on earth should someone shoot with 100-500mm or one of the big whites without an BG? Sry Canon, not buying the R7 and now selling the extender...

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
After my recent trip to Kenia and a four-day safari, I thought I'd get the R7 for shooting wildlife/ sports in the future and attach my 100-500mm to it because I actually did not enjoy using the RF extender with its very limiting flexibility (Canon really dropped the ball here imho). Turns out, the R7 does have a battery grip... how on earth should someone shoot with 100-500mm or one of the big whites without an BG? Sry Canon, not buying the R7 and now selling the extender...
I use the R5 (tiny bit taller) witha 100-500mm with no problems. I don't feel the need for a battery grip at all (which would add weight to the combination). On safari I've alway shot resting on a bean bag, the weight / size of the camera hardly comes into it. The big issue it the weight of the big whites and lifting them up and down. If I get there again I think I'd leave the big lens at home and use the 100-500mm. It would be far better for my back neck and shoulders.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
I don't feel the need for a battery grip at all (which would add weight to the combination).
I do feel the need for a BG when I'm shooting vertically (portrait style). It is just way more relaxing when you have a shutter button on the right hand side, especially with a RF 100-500mm.

On safari I've alway shot resting on a bean bag, the weight / size of the camera hardly comes into it.
That's what I use(d) too, it actually helped a lot especially when shooting horizontally (landscape mode). Still there are plenty of cases where I do need a BG...

Looking at the photographers in Masai Mara, 8 out 10 (I did actually count ) with a big white or telezoom lens used a BG.

I just don't get what advantage Canon might by NOT offering a BG...
If someone doesn't want/ need it: fine, I get that. But leaving people who want one with any option...whew, just not a customer friendly offering...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
The R7 showed in stock when logged in to the CPS website earlier this week. I placed the order, the email they sent me said it was in stock. However when checking order status it said "Backordered".

I called Canon Sales the next morning and it was indeed backordered. I went ahead and canceled as I do not want an open order.

Until some confirms they have one in hand I would call this one a Rumor.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I just don't get what advantage Canon might by NOT offering a BG...
If someone doesn't want/ need it: fine, I get that. But leaving people who want one with any option...whew, just not a customer friendly offering...
Presumably they ran the numbers and concluded the cost of design, manufacture, and distribution was unlikely to yield much profit. I can't think of another likely explanation.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
The R7 showed in stock when logged in to the CPS website earlier this week. I placed the order, the email they sent me said it was in stock. However when checking order status it said "Backordered".

I called Canon Sales the next morning and it was indeed backordered. I went ahead and canceled as I do not want an open order.

Until some confirms they have one in hand I would call this one a Rumor.
I ordered one on Launch day from WEX in the UK, it was in my hands on Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Bob Howland

CR Pro
Mar 25, 2012
I do feel the need for a BG when I'm shooting vertically (portrait style). It is just way more relaxing when you have a shutter button on the right hand side, especially with a RF 100-500mm.
Shooting vertically is about the only time I want a BG especially when I tore the rotator cuff on my right shoulder.

Upvote 0

Bob Howland

CR Pro
Mar 25, 2012
I have pre-order pending on BH still......Canon USA store still shows it in stock....does anyone know if this is legit or not? I don't want 2 preorders outstanding...
Can't help you except to say that I'm in the same position. I emailed B&H and the CS reply was that they didn't know when they were getting "more". I ordered at 7:30AM EDST on introduction day.

Upvote 0
Sep 11, 2014
Can't help you except to say that I'm in the same position. I emailed B&H and the CS reply was that they didn't know when they were getting "more". I ordered at 7:30AM EDST on introduction day.

Same. I think 'preferred' folks get theirs first, that would be my guess. I ordered mine at almost the exact same time as you.

Upvote 0