The Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS will be available globally on January 26, 2023

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
One of the most anticipated lenses for the Canon RF mount is the soon-to-be-shipping Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM. Initial stock levels we are told will be pretty good, but all preorders likely won’t be met from the big retailers. Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM $2099

See full article...

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
This is it, gang. If lenses wore shoes, this new 135L would have some very big shoes to fill. Haha

Before I sold my 135L to fund the RF 70-200, it was easily one of the most important pieces of glass I ever owned. Looking back into my portfolio and still, to this day, shots I’ve taken with that lens are images I’m most proud of. It was a KILLER low light sports lens. It was a KILLER wedding, portrait and candid photography lens. It was a KILLER lens to capture details and the list goes on and on.

The EF 135L had two big problems overall and those were its straight bladed aperture and older coatings. That has been addressed and I can’t wait.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Before I sold my 135L to fund the RF 70-200, it was easily one of the most important pieces of glass I ever owned. Looking back into my portfolio and still, to this day, shots I’ve taken with that lens are images I’m most proud of. It was a KILLER low light sports lens. It was a KILLER wedding, portrait and candid photography lens. It was a KILLER lens to capture details and the list goes on and on.

The EF 135L had two big problems overall and those were its straight bladed aperture and older coatings. That has been addressed and I can’t wait.
I sold my EF 135L because found myself consistently reaching for the EF 70-200/2.8L II instead. I swapped that for the RF 70-200/2.8, and have (so far, at least) resisted the temptation of the RF 135/1.8.

Upvote 0

SwissFrank

1N 3 1V 1Ds I II III R R5
Dec 9, 2018
Bic Camera in Tokyo is taking orders for about $2375 inc. tax and domestic shipping \"for delivery after the release date\" whatever that means.

I really love my EF 135mm/2. It used to be my sharpest non-white-prime lens. I think that might still be true. My favorite lens for decades. The new one\'s probably better though, maybe should trade up.

Upvote 0

2Cents

EOS R5, 1DX mkiii, C70, R5 C
Nov 2, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
www.606.media
Placed my preorder with B&H this morning. When I spoke with them yesterday they said they think they'll be able to cover the preorders they currently have in the first batch. I'm not counting on it, but certainly hoping!
Same! Looking forward to putting it to work.

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
Based on the RF 50 & 85 L primes, I thought the 135 would weigh 3 lbs. and cost 3K. 2.1 lbs. and 2100. is a pleasant surprise. For the first time ever, I preordered it. I am very fond of my EF version. The fact that I can use an extender with it gives me an excuse not to sell it!
Unfortunately, the RF version will be incompatible with extenders. This honestly bothers me a little considering how useful I also found it on the EF version.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0