Cosina teases their first RF mount lens

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Japanese manufacturer Cosina, makers of the Voigtlander lenses has officially teased their first RF mount lens. The new lens is teased with “electrical” contacts which would help with EXIF data, but do not expect an autofocus lens. I would expect a well made prime lens from Cosina for the RF mount. It will be well

See full article...

Jul 27, 2021
I wonder if they will release one of their APO Lanthars optimised for RF. The 35mm f2 is excellent but in particular the 50mm f2 is even better and one of very the best lenses ever made.

Saw a comparison between the M mount version against the Leica equivalent and the Voigtländer matched it optically despite being $8000 cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
A manual focus lens with electrical contacts might be useful if it can utilize the manual focusing guides function found in R cameras. Although I do not know if this is possible. Might not be.
My Zeiss EF lens allows for the manual focusing guide when I adapt it so I would guess the Voigtlander would as well.

Upvote 0

john1970

EOS R3
CR Pro
Dec 27, 2015
Northeastern US
My Zeiss EF lens allows for the manual focusing guide when I adapt it so I would guess the Voigtlander would as well.
Thank you for the feedback. Honestly, I likely will pass on the lens since I already own the Canon RF 28-70 mm f2 which is much more flexible. Moreover, if the rumored retail price of $1800 is correct that is very close to the Canon 50 mm f1.2 which adds AF.

Upvote 0