21:9 aspect ratio monitor

Hi all!
So I was at Costco the other day and I saw that they had a LG 21:9 ratio 25in computer monitor. I had never seen anything like this before so I did some research and it seems that this kind of monitor is popular with video editors. I was rather interested. So I have a few questions. First I know that the monitor is meant to be used so that you can run different programs at the same time right next to each other, but can you run different parts of a program next to each other like the edit and export modules? Also I was wondering, does any one here use this kind of monitor? Which one do you use? Would you recommend it?
Thanks everyone!

Mharwood16 said:
Hi all!
So I was at Costco the other day and I saw that they had a LG 21:9 ratio 25in computer monitor. I had never seen anything like this before so I did some research and it seems that this kind of monitor is popular with video editors. I was rather interested. So I have a few questions. First I know that the monitor is meant to be used so that you can run different programs at the same time right next to each other, but can you run different parts of a program next to each other like the edit and export modules? Also I was wondering, does any one here use this kind of monitor? Which one do you use? Would you recommend it?
Thanks everyone!
That's funny, I was at Costco on Saturday and saw that monitor as well. I'd seen photos of them, but seeing one in person made me say "Holy $h1t" out loud! Wow, what a crazy monitor! To answer your questions a bit - I haven't used a 21:6 monitor, but I have used two 16:9 monitors together before (i.e. 32:9) and I have a friend who has tree 16:9 monitors as well. I currently have two 3:2 monitors at work and love them for working on spreadsheets and the like, but at home, I prefer a single big monitor (30") to work on my photos. With the 30" and other big or unusual monitors, they come with software that allows you to create all kinds of tiled set ups with your software. With PS, After Effects, etc. you can have palettes in one area, monitor in another, and workspace in another and each can have it's own size. I'm not sure I'd recommend at 21:9 monitor, but I could see it working well for video.

Upvote 0