Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p><strong>…. another soon after?

<span style="font-weight: normal;">I’m told we can expect 3 new lenses to be shown off at the Canon EXPO and Photokina.</span></strong><strong> </strong>Canon lauched 3 lenses with the 7D last year, so it’s not unprecedented.</p>
<p>A 4th lens would be announced in the November/December timeframe with a “new camera body”.</p>
<p>Sadly, no confirmation on which lenses will arrive.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

G

gkreis

Cobalt720 said:
I'll tell ya, If the 60d doesn't come out before or during the month of september... I'm buying a 50d!!!

Why not buy a used 40D now and keep it as a second body when the 60D surfaces? The decline in 40D values has slowed at this point, I would guess, and you would have the latest (greatest?). How will you feel if you find that the 60D comes out 3 months later and is a stunner? The used 50D prices will plummet at that point, right?

I feel your pain. This has been a real grind....

Upvote 0
M

Michal

Canon Rumors said:
<p><strong>…. another soon after?

<span style=\"font-weight: normal;\">I’m told we can expect 3 new lenses to be shown off at the Canon EXPO and Photokina.</span></strong><strong> </strong>Canon lauched 3 lenses with the 7D last year, so it’s not unprecedented.</p>
<p>A 4th lens would be announced in the November/December timeframe with a “new camera body”.</p>
<p>Sadly, no confirmation on which lenses will arrive.</p>
<p><strong><span style=\"color: #ff0000;\">c</span>r</strong></p>

Back to "quality" rumour reporting I see. Oh well, every click on the main site counts so why not post all those made up "rumours". The qquality difference between say "photorumours" and "canonrumors" is growing by the day.

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2010
Canon 14-24 said:
24-70 2.8 IS L
60 2.8 IS
35mm 1.4 II L

Similar to my guess, but I'll replace the 35 f/1.4L with 14-24 f/2.8L. These should go nicely with the 60D.

Couple of months later, we should see a cheap EF-S 35 f/1.8 lens (hopefully with ring USM... please please) announced together with an EVIL camera. Canon's biggest competitors Nikon and Sony already have something in this department and I'll be most surprised if Canon does not join the party soon.

Upvote 0
M

muteteh

Such guesses have already been made on this site based on the dates and rates at which Canon released lenses over the past 10 years - 4-5 lenses a year, usually at Feb & Sep, and this year only 1 lens announced at January. Connect the three items, and - Voila! - extrapolate that Canon is to announce three more lenses in September, say in Photokina.

It's a sad state of affairs that it's so easy to produce CR2 level rumors.

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2010
muteteh said:
Such guesses have already been made on this site based on the dates and rates at which Canon released lenses over the past 10 years - 4-5 lenses a year, usually at Feb & Sep, and this year only 1 lens announced at January. Connect the three items, and - Voila! - extrapolate that Canon is to announce three more lenses in September, say in Photokina.

It's a sad state of affairs that it's so easy to produce CR2 level rumors.

Good point. Challenge is to get all three lens predictions correct. ;)

Upvote 0

funkboy

6D & a bunch of crazy primes
Jul 28, 2010
elsewhere
My guesses for September, in order of likelyhood (this should all be pretty obvious by now):

- 60D
- 60mm f/2.8 IS macro

Sometime either in September or later in the fall:

- 24-70L f/2.8 IS
- 35L II
- 1DsIV
- 14-24L f/2.8

Wishful thinking:

- 135L IS
- 200L IS
- other fast primes or a prime-replacing f/2 zoom

Upvote 0
J

JornLande

Woody said:
Canon 14-24 said:
24-70 2.8 IS L
60 2.8 IS
35mm 1.4 II L

Similar to my guess, but I'll replace the 35 f/1.4L with 14-24 f/2.8L. These should go nicely with the 60D.

Couple of months later, we should see a cheap EF-S 35 f/1.8 lens (hopefully with ring USM... please please) announced together with an EVIL camera. Canon's biggest competitors Nikon and Sony already have something in this department and I'll be most surprised if Canon does not join the party soon.
Only a moron would use 14-24 on a crop body. ;)

Upvote 0
C

Cobalt720

J-Man said:
1DsIV & 60D
24-70LIS, 50 1.4 replacement(L?), 100-400 replacement(maybe EFs prime)

3D, 35LII

I was considering the 7d, but if i got it, I would have to buy a cheaper lens because I really only want to spend 2 grand in total on tripod, camera, and lens. "This is my first camera, but I still know a shit load about DSLRs"

P.S: My Friend owns a 7d and my other friend owns a Nikon D300s, and trust me, the 7d is better!!!

Upvote 0
C

Canon 14-24

Woody said:
While the 14-24 may be more suited for release with a 1Ds4, it is not clear whether the latter will be released this year.
They threw in the 14mm II under the "big" press release of the 1ds3, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it again for the 14-24 with the 1ds4, but some speculation as to whether the 1ds4 will even be released this year...though if I recall the 14mm II/1ds3 was a summer/august announcement...so maybe as the lens and camera are both overdue (wishful thinking again)!

Upvote 0

Isurus

CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
Wisconsin
Why are people so convinced that the 60mm macro will get an update with I/S? Just because of the patent?

The bigger question for me is why would someone prefer to have this lens over the 100mm macro? While I know there are cost and size advantages, I would think the not-as-pleasant out-of-focus areas, EF-S limitation (can't mount to FF), shorter working distance, and probably poorer build construction would be things you wouldn't want to give up.

It seems to me there are more important lenses in the line-up that are actually in need of an update.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.