35mm third party lenses

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
andrei1989 said:
slclick said:
The 22 f/2 is a 35 mm, well a 35.2

I always wonder when folks want a 35 on other than FF, are they looking for a normal (~50 perspective)?

yes :)

i had on crop the 24mm and the 40mm and liked the 40 much much more (i still do)

imho the 40 pancake is one of the most underrated lenses in Canon's lineup. Well, for FF that is.

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
slclick said:
andrei1989 said:
slclick said:

I always wonder when folks want a 35 on other than FF, are they looking for a normal (~50 perspective)?

i had on crop the 24mm and the 40mm and liked the 40 much much more (i still do)

imho the 40 pancake is one of the most underrated lenses in Canon's lineup. Well, for FF that is.

So wouldn't it be nice if Canon released the shorty 40 with an EF-M mount, or is that asking too much?

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
brad-man said:
slclick said:
andrei1989 said:
slclick said:

So wouldn't it be nice if Canon released the shorty 40 with an EF-M mount, or is that asking too much?

It's a weird focal length on crop, it might work for someone artistically because we are all different but generally speaking no one is begging for 64MM lens. I'd like a 40 with a wider aperture that still has AF (not going to happen)

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
slclick said:
brad-man said:
slclick said:
andrei1989 said:
slclick said:

It's a weird focal length on crop, it might work for someone artistically because we are all different but generally speaking no one is begging for 64MM lens. I'd like a 40 with a wider aperture that still has AF (not going to happen)

Yes, 64mm is a little odd, but I don't feel it's really out there. I mean, it's not crazy like a 28mm f/3.5 macro. I'm desperate for some quick AF EF-M primes, work with me.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
brad-man said:
slclick said:
brad-man said:
slclick said:
andrei1989 said:
slclick said:

Yes, 64mm is a little odd, but I don't feel it's really out there. I mean, it's not crazy like a 28mm f/3.5 macro. I'm desperate for some quick AF EF-M primes, work with me.

Oh I kust posted on the Canon Wishlist thread:

EF-M Trinity (we already have 1 of 3)

Upvote 0
I have an M5 with most of the m lenses, but I also have a 7Artisans fish eye lens which works really well.
As this lens is made in the m mount, perhaps they will release a few more m lenses in the future.

I often use the Canon ef-s 60mm macro lens on my M5 with good results, both for stills and video, so the other smaller ef-s lenses should also work well.
I should dust off my old 50mm 1.8 and see how that works on M5.

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
I picked up the $90 Meike 35mm f/1.7. I saw a video review of it and decided it was kind of perfect. It mimics a vintage photo lens with its simple design, but has modern coatings that help with certain optical issues.

Available in EOS M-Mount on eBay and Amazon.

It's worth every bit of the $90 and the strange wait time to get the lens - you won't get the lens quickly unless you pony up.

So far, it has been a beautiful, fun lens to use. I suggest keeping focus peeking at "Low" so it's easier to see the detail as you adjust focus. "High" is too thick and you can't see some of the details.

Attachments

• IMG_0800edRE.jpg
    IMG_0800edRE.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0864edRE.jpg
    IMG_0864edRE.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_5558edRE.jpg
    IMG_5558edRE.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_5614edRE.jpg
    IMG_5614edRE.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 194
Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
Jacen said:
As someone who's soon going to be a (hopefully proud) owner of an M5 I've started looking around for opinions on third party 35mm lenses with EF-M mount. I've found quite a lot of people trying them on Fuji and Sony systems, but not any on the M.
Anyone have hands-on experience with 35mm lenses with EF-M mount, such as the Samyang/Rokinon 35mm 1.2 or the Mitakon 35mm 0.95?

I rented a M5 and used my FD, FL and R lenses on it.
Loved using them and it worked wonderfully.

Upvote 0