Canon has released firmware version 1.3.0 for the EOS RP

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Alongside the new Canon EOS R firmware, Canon has also released a major update for the Canon EOS RP.
Version 1.3.0 includes the following enhancements and fixes:

Enhances the auto-focus (AF) eye detection to improve face and eye recognition at greater distances.
Improved AF performance allows the camera to focus and track smaller subjects.
Reduces the response time between the actual AF and the AF frame to display the image in the viewfinder or on the LCD monitor.
Corrects a phenomenon in which the main dial icon is not displayed when pressing the zoom in / out button while the image is playing.
Corrects the PTP communication vulnerability.

Download Canon EOS...

[url=https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-has-released-firmware-version-1-3-0-for-the-eos-rp/]Continue reading...

Is it working like on Sony cameras? With turned head and sunglasses?! and animals^^?

At least for the EOS R, this photographer explains how Canon basically already matched Sony before the upgrade firmware. In some regards, Canon is better, but the brands are so close, there's no real big difference.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Dec 31, 2018
At least for the EOS R, this photographer explains how Canon basically already matched Sony before the upgrade firmware. In some regards, Canon is better, but the brands are so close, there's no real big difference.

I didnt watched video,so boring math :p i believe he is right.
But does he know what is acceptable level of sharpness on his dof?
I have noticed cameras focus peaking at least thinks differently than i ,what is acceptable sharpness

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Got to try it in "real life" yesterday. Is better than before but a few "quirky" moments like when there were wall murals with faces and folks walking by the statues in front of the mural. The focus point would sometimes jump away from my intended target if I hit the back-focus button while composing. But, all in all, I am pleased.

Upvote 0

Quirkz

CR Pro
Oct 30, 2014
Upgraded yesterday - Haven't tested the eye and AF changes, but boy is the touch/drag so much smoother and nicer to use now! Just this alone makes the firmware upgrade worth it.

I switched the tracking area from from right half of the screen to full screen, and it seems to be really good at not detecting my nose as a focus change point. Anyone else notice this? I think I may have just switched it to half screen previously without even checking, based on experience with previous cameras such as the m5 and fuji. Was it always this good, or did I just assume previously that it was bad?

Upvote 0