Kickstarter: Gura Gear Chobe 2.0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Gura Gear has had an interesting history. From the launch of their first bag, the Bataflae backpack, they were known for their high-end and highly functional bags. The brand then moved to the Kiboko line of backpacks, which came in multiple sizes, and also launched one of the forgotten and highly underrated bags, the Chobe v1.0. The Chobe v1.0 has travelled the planet with me and is my favourite shoulder bag ever.
Unfortunately, after Gura Gear purchased Tamrac, they made a massive mistake in killing off the “Gura Gear” brand and moved the bags under the Tamrac brand. That didn’t go well and most people forgot about Gura Gear bags.
The Gura Gear brand came back last year when they launched the Kiboko v2.0 lineup of backpacks. They came back with the same quality and functionality as we became accustomed to from Gura Gear.
Gura  Gear has now launched the Chobe v.2.0 via Kickstarter. A new multipurpose shoulder bag. I use this bag every...

Continue reading...

The Chobe is my least used bag, and it is my only shoulder bag. It can get heavy, and it is not an efficient way of carrying a heavy load. Don't get me wrong, the Chobe is a well designed bag, but any bag of this type suffers from the same disadvantages. The camera insert goes on the bottom, which means everything else that is carried inside goes on top of the camera; otherwise there is just a lot of empty space. Or perhaps some of the dividing panels should be full height to partition camera from non-camera stuff...

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Chobe is my least used bag, and it is my only shoulder bag. It can get heavy, and it is not an efficient way of carrying a heavy load. Don't get me wrong, the Chobe is a well designed bag, but any bag of this type suffers from the same disadvantages. The camera insert goes on the bottom, which means everything else that is carried inside goes on top of the camera; otherwise there is just a lot of empty space. Or perhaps some of the dividing panels should be full height to partition camera from non-camera stuff...

The dividing panels are much higher up the bag than version 1.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0