Canon USA has updated their refurbished inventory, included select RF lenses

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It looks like Canon USA has restocked their refurbished inventory, and it includes a few RF lenses as well as popular EF lenses.
RF Lenses

Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM $879
Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 Macro STM $399
Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM $2429

EF Lenses

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM $1709
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM $2159

EOS M

Canon EOS M50 Body $459
Canon EOS M50 w/15-45 $519

You can check out all of the available refurbished gear at the Canon USA store here.

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know why there are never (or almost never) any refurbished lenses or cameras on Canon's canadian web site?

I think they dont sell refurbished in Canada , just saw few open boxes things or damaged box , they call it clearance sales. I only been looking for few months. Someone else could confirm?
edit: theres a refurbished page but it seems always empty.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
I think they dont sell refurbished in Canada , just saw few open boxes things or damaged box , they call it clearance sales. I only been looking for few months. Someone else could confirm?
Akin to Fujifilm selling refurbs in the UK but not in US, we can't all win all of the time.

Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2020

Same experience when I have looked. I don't look constantly though.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Isn't it too soon for the RF lens to get ... refurbished? :)

Why should it be?

If someone buys a kit and returns it a couple of weeks later, it gets refurbished. Any lens that has been out for more than a month or so probably has some refurbs already.

That's how I got my RF 24-105 f/4 L, as part of an RP refurb kit.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
I would never think of a refurb as being back ordered. More like they have a poor inventory control software system that needs an update. Myself I have had nothing but top notch service when I have phoned in. Courteous and professional. YMMV but perhaps they do not respond well to a negative approach, who would? The Refurbs are about being patient and understanding, not to look at it with expectations of being something like shopping at B&H.

Upvote 0
I would never think of a refurb as being back ordered. More like they have a poor inventory control software system that needs an update. Myself I have had nothing but top notch service when I have phoned in. Courteous and professional. YMMV but perhaps they do not respond well to a negative approach, who would? The Refurbs are about being patient and understanding, not to look at it with expectations of being something like shopping at B&H.

A profession customer service rep can handle mild and moderate complaints, and will share sympathy and agreement with the customer, as long as they aren't being rude. The person I dealt with wasn't good at their job. Their software sucks, considering a corporation of their size. Canon HQ's customer service here in Los Angeles is top notch. I expect more.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
A profession customer service rep can handle mild and moderate complaints, and will share sympathy and agreement with the customer, as long as they aren't being rude. The person I dealt with wasn't good at their job. Their software sucks, considering a corporation of their size. Canon HQ's customer service here in Los Angeles is top notch. I expect more.

The approach I took was to ask them what "processing" meant (it came out of back ordered then remained in "processing" for two weeks). They obviously knew the answer to that; but instead of telling me they actually investigated and discovered that there was some glitch in the system that left boxed Refurbs that had formerly been backordered sitting and waiting to be shipped--forever, apparently, if no one intervened.

Upvote 0