Is September 14 the day we finally get the official Canon EOS R3 announcement?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I reported back in July that we would finally see the Canon EOS R3 officially announced in September 2021, after a false alarm of a June announcement.
There are now a few things lining up that seem to point to an announcement on or around September 14, 2021. I haven’t yet confirmed this date, but it’s becoming apparent that we don’t have long to wait to finally see the EOS R3 in all of its glory.
Canon EOS R3 Specifications:

24mp backside illuminated image sensor
Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
Vari-Angle Touch Screen
NEW accessory shoe
Wifi 5GHz
High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
AF down to -7.0 EV
8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
4K Canon Log3​
Oversampling 4K
Internal RAW video
Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking...

Continue reading...

Jun 27, 2013
Pune
An announcement is one thing but! When will buyers actually get their hands on one of these bodies for example the not so recent now but, lens such as the Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L IS USM are still pre-order in the UK
That backorder situation is the same everywhere, even in India most camera products are back ordered.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020

Didn't realize that it was an "ask the audience" question. If we knew which things were "lining up" and pointing to September 14th, we could probably be of more help.
I would be really interesting in learning what will be announced alongside the R3.

Upvote 0

Didn't realize that it was an "ask the audience" question. If we knew which things were "lining up" and pointing to September 14th, we could probably be of more help.
I would be really interesting in learning what will be announced alongside the R3.

Yeah. Are we getting any new lenses? That 18-45 sounds interesting.

Upvote 0
It does seem really drawn out. Also, what I find odd is that we haven't seen a solid leak on the outstanding issues yet. Nothing from Nokishita. I don't see EXIF data from the olympics as being enough to tell me that the camera is 24mp (although it very well may be) as this could represent a crop mode. It could actually have multiple crop modes for all we know. With that being said, I need a fast camera. The R5 just doesn't cut it for moving objects for me. Yeah, once I get something locked, it's great, but I've lost several shots because I couldn't get a lock and others because I couldn't get enough shutter without destroying the image with high ISO noise. In the DSLR world I was more than happy shooting my 1DX II @ 20mp instead of the 36 on the 5D IV for the same reason (as I'm sure many other wildlife photographers were) so if it's 24, I'll be fine. I still have my R5 for extreme cropping.

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Only one thing is missing: what dynamics of the sensor
I suppose we will know as soon as the tech geeks get their hands on it.
Canon normally doesn't specify much about DR of the sensor.
But they state about the sensitivity of the AF. Like the EOS R5 AF Working Range EV -6 to 20.
And I suppose the R3 can handle darker situations.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I think they drew the anticipation about this camera too long. I can appreciate that some of this was because they wanted testing at the Olympics. I am happy to continue with my R5 and wait for an R1.
Yup. I knew some photographers who were tired of waiting and jumped on the a1. I can’t imagine this was a great idea by Canon. That being said, I don’t work in the marketing sector ‍♀️

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0